Lifts/ long post - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-26-2000, 05:02 PM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

Lifts/ long post

Im getting ready to lift my samurai and i have a few questions. I only want to run a 31.10.50. Maybe a 32. I just really dont see the point in running any bigger for the kind of wheeling i do (read: I have a built scout that was built for tellico and is too big for local "trails").

So, I was wondering what i should do. SPOA, or SPUA. Also, i dont want to use the stock springs. They are kinda bent and flat (read:samurai has been to hell and back way too many times in stock form).

I read rocky roads lift information page and i have talked them several times and im still at a loss. The samurai see's alot of street use but does its fair share of wheeling on local trails, which are mostly mud. I dont rockcrawl so awesome droop etc. are really not that big of an issue. But I am looking to get some wheel travel.

Any advice/inputis greatly appreciated, as im getting tired of cleaning the interior because i drove under another mudhole.

Thanks and sorry for the long post.
Will

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-26-2000, 07:49 PM

Re: Lifts/ long post

Maybe a set of good lift springs would do the job. Some 3" Nationals or Calmini springs with some 1" longer shackles would clear 31's. You could also go spring over with some shorter lift springs. Calmini has a new 1.5" spring that would probably work well spring over. There's alot of choices.

post #3 of (permalink) Old 09-26-2000, 08:38 PM
ronin

I was in about the same situation when I started to lift my zuk. I was thinking about a SPOA but decided against it due to the condition of my stock springs. I finally went with a set of 3" Natioanl springs from RRO. I also swapped in a set of 2" taller shackles. I put on a set of 30x9.5 BFGs on 15x8 rims for now. I want to move up to some Swampers or Thornbirds (maybe 31's) later. But for now, I love it. The ride is much improved over the stock springs. I do need to correct my caster angles due to the taller shackles, but it isn't that bad. I did notice a power drop (5th is almost useless) as a result of the larger tires so I would recommend you also think about changing your gearing soon after if you go with 31's. They will probably really eat at your power band. Good Luck.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 09-26-2000, 08:47 PM
WSB

I am running 31's with a 4.5" SPOA, 1.5" Rancho springs, Relocated shocks, zlink, etc. Seems to
work pretty good for me. Still need to regear, and maybe a locker in ther rear. But for the local trails
I do fine. It gets driven to work most everyday also.

Wayne

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode