VERY IMPORTANT. PLEASE READ!!! - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-26-2000, 11:32 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

VERY IMPORTANT. PLEASE READ!!!

We have a large issue here in Colorado with a certain individual that is giving off roaders a BAD name. He works for a local rock radio station KBPI and he goes by Willie B. His last offense was he invited over the air waves for people to meet him at a place and go wheeling. Over 200 vehicles ended up tearing up Caribou Flats, 25 acre wetland, which lies on private land and tore it all to hell. They called it a "mud fest." The owner tried to get them to stop and leave and the "mudders" just flipped him off and continued. The "mudders" ran OVER the No Trespassing signs on their way to this wetland. The owner has maintained this area for nearly THREE DECADES! This is not the first time this person has led a crusade of people and ruined nature. He also is known to throw animals from several, 4-6 stories, building to see if they will survive. We are talking Dogs, Chickens, Cats, Animals like this. He does all kinds of stuff like this on the air to get ratings. I use to like the music they played but will no longer listen to the station.

What I need from all of you is what do we do about this. Some of you on this board are in Colorado and may already know about this. Please help. We need to stop this kind of problem.

A few of us learned about this just a few hours ago and are already thinking of contacting the owner and seeing if we can help rebuild this wetland. We need to reinstate our image as good people and not all off-roaders are a$$ holes. I am sick and tired of people like this destroying our name. We are good people and do not want to be assosiated with this kind of scum. Please help out and let me know what we need to do or start up the correct action and tell us how we can help. Thank you for listening and I hope you can help. [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Your jealous cause the voices only talk to me!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-26-2000, 12:09 PM

Re: VERY IMPORTANT. PLEASE READ!!!

I'm curious -- all those people were clearly trespassing on private property. If that gentleman really does own the land they were on, then why not call the Law & have them charged??

As for the munch-head on the radio, well, let's just say that he needs to have about a <font color=red>CASE</font color=red>
'o Whup-Ass opened up on him!

OILBURNER [email protected]
1988.5 Samurai, 1.9L VW Diesel, GRS II, Toyota axles w/ 'locked High-Pinion Diff's.,
35" BFG M/T's, and Lotsa custom goodies too [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 09-26-2000, 12:19 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

if the landowner does own the property and signs were posted, I would think tracking down the owners of the rigs would be the first step. He could even use the picture shown in the paper. Begin to charge each one identified (criminal case) and I'll bet the accused will begin to sing like birds on the remaining drivers. Once criminal case is complete, begin civil case- this is where the owner would have most support, due to jury and local support of environmentalists. Include the dj,station, and its parent company in the suit. Set monetary claims in the 7 figure range.
FWIW- I am not an anti-off road fanatic, but it is people like this that give a bad name to the rest of the good guys.

dbenj
88.5 zook, mini mudders, 2"shackles,Thorley Header,K&N,Pony Carb,GM Alt,custom ski bumper
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 09-26-2000, 03:59 PM

Top[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Criminals prefer unarmed victims!Al Gore wants your firearms!Defend 2nd Ammendment
post #5 of (permalink) Old 09-26-2000, 04:01 PM

Guys,this effects the whole wheelin community.I replied on SWB

Criminals prefer unarmed victims!Al Gore wants your firearms!Defend 2nd Ammendment
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode