Zookin' 2K - Are we all ready? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-26-2000, 07:31 AM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

Zookin\' 2K - Are we all ready?

Installing new rock rails tonite. New longer shocks tomorrow. Washing and packing on Thursday. Other than that, it looks like I'm ready.

How about all the rest of you?

Here's the weather forcast for Northhampton: http://www.weather.com/weather/36hr/...rthampton.html

<font color=blue>Yankee Tim</font color=blue>[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-26-2000, 08:26 AM
Keyboard Implanted

Re: Zookin\' 2K - Are we all ready?

Well the trails are.... otherwise I still need to layout the Mini-Though truck challage in the backyard,
My zuke still is having carb problems, Sometimes..... other times it runs great. I am assembling the
parts and a fuel pressure regulator so I can install the Pony carb when DannyL gets in. One way or the
other it will be running right guys don't worry. (the regulator is for when I am rockcrawling I have heard
it makes a big differance so I figured might as well at the same time..)

Glenn Loud
87' Zuke Spoa, 31's, 4.16 tcase, Camo,Header,2"exhuast, Cam.
Locked both ends, 8klb winch, Snorkel -Wildweasel2
NE4WI- club
post #3 of (permalink) Old 09-26-2000, 08:34 AM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

Damn carbed models. Just redid a head yesterday on MrLoneWolf's rig. EGR valve and tubes were clogged with schmeg. How foul. Can;t wait to see these Ponys in action.

<font color=blue>Yankee Tim</font color=blue>[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 09-26-2000, 08:48 AM
Can't Get Enough

Re: Zookin\' 2K . . .

Would rather be Zookin' on the trails . . . but here in Indiana we'll be attending the Fall Four Wheel Jamboree this weekend. Still loads of fun [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img] but not the same as trail riding. Have a great time [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img], keep the carnage down [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] and Keep on Zukin!

Scott
1988 Samurai, 5.5" soa
http://Scott_CJ8.tripod.com
post #5 of (permalink) Old 09-26-2000, 09:01 AM
Keyboard Implanted

Man I'm going crazy here!!!

I brought my flywheel to be refaced to a local machinist and when I went ot pick it up Monday morning there was a sigh in the door that he'll be back on THURSDAY!
SO I thought no biggie I have a spare I'll send elsewhere. The other one has the ring gear chewed up on BOTH sides. So i'm doing everything else for now and will throw the tranny and case in Thursday.
Didn't get my lockers :-( F*****G Powertrax I called them and asked when they were going to release some and the guy (sounded like a real SoCal pothead) said "sometime this week dude"
Anyway enough moanning got to go put the T-case together with 4.16's......

DannyL

Just remember for every mile on the
road of life there's two miles of ditch.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 09-26-2000, 09:10 AM
I Do This For The Glory

The wife and I are looking forward to going. Forget the TTC, we'll win. Ever heard the expression "<font color=red>Drive it like it ain't yours!</font color=red>"? [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Of course, then I'll have to pay Max back for the breakage...

Anyone interested in running 33" Swampers? I have a set I could bring down, but they've claimed 3 jeep axles to date (just a warning). Just thought I'd throw them out there in case someone was interested in how they wheeled. They're not new, but are mounted on jeep rims. I'll leave the tire chains at home, don't want that much carnage out there.

Anything we can bring that might be needed?

JEEPN
'81 CJ-8 Scrambled!
GM151/SM465/NP205 twinstick/7" Lift/33" Swampers/REP 8000/RS9000's/Scout II D44's F&R w/4.10's & Lockrights
post #7 of (permalink) Old 09-26-2000, 10:15 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

well- im running behind as usual. Im in need of the following:
hi lift
tow strap
rear hooks- maybe i can use a pin shackle in the tow bar/hitch location? Comments?
Anyone know of a local(MA) place where i can pick up these items? Web based ordering is probably not possible, due to fact I need these items in 2 days.
Also- what is count on lobsters/seafood? I can pick some up on my way out Fri am.
much appreciated.
PS- friday- lows in the 30's???eek.

dbenj
88.5 zook, mini mudders, 2"shackles,Thorley Header,K&N,Pony Carb,GM Alt,custom ski bumper
post #8 of (permalink) Old 09-26-2000, 10:47 AM
Keyboard Implanted

Don't worry about the hi-lift I will have mine. towstrap- pepboys,autozone etc. rear towhook If you want to you can use the stock towbar and I will cut a hole in it with the torch, (I imagine I will be doing that for a few folks on friday)
And you can connect into it with a pin clevis. (You can get them in a good hardware store. I have 3 anyway
if you can't find one) as for the lobsta's if everyone who doesn't bring them with them wants we can go to
Northampton sat afternoon and get some, or we can set up an order and maybe the wife can get them for us.
(We will be playing in the back yard for the TTC on sat afternoon anyway..)

Glenn Loud
87' Zuke Spoa, 31's, 4.16 tcase, Camo,Header,2"exhuast, Cam.
Locked both ends, 8klb winch, Snorkel -Wildweasel2
NE4WI- club
post #9 of (permalink) Old 09-26-2000, 12:14 PM
I Do This For The Glory

I have a hi-lift, straps, clevis', tools, tree straps, and even a 2 ton, twin gear cast iron come-along I can bring. But then maybe not, it weighs almost as much as a Zuki. It's great for winching sideways though.

So far I have nbot received any orders, so it looks like we're bringing just 4 lobsters, 2 for <font color=blue> mxnhid</font color=blue> and 2 for us. They're still $4 a pound for anyone interested. I'll need orders by tomorrow COB to secure them, please E-mail me off-line.

JEEPN
'81 CJ-8 Scrambled!
GM151/SM465/NP205 twinstick/7" Lift/33" Swampers/REP 8000/RS9000's/Scout II D44's F&R w/4.10's & Lockrights
post #10 of (permalink) Old 09-26-2000, 12:35 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Thanks Glenn and jeepn-
any help/ borrowing is greatly appreciated. I'd say bring everything( With the exception of the come-along. ) and if i dont need it, i'll bet someone else will. i'll look to pick a clevis today. for the lobsters- Picking up on Saturday is a good idea- might be a bit more expensive, but wont have to worry about storage or escapees.
thanks again!

dbenj
88.5 zook, mini mudders, 2"shackles,Thorley Header,K&N,Pony Carb,GM Alt,custom ski bumper
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode