SURVEY: M/L, Drop-link shackles, Revolvers, etc... - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-23-2000, 03:39 PM Thread Starter

SURVEY: M/L, Drop-link shackles, Revolvers, etc...

Who is running one of the above mentioned "opening" shackles?

what is your experience? the good the bad and the ugly...

could you recommend it for a daily driver, too...

thanks for sharing

Alfred

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-23-2000, 08:43 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: SURVEY: M/L, Drop-link shackles, Revolvers, etc...

good- awsome droop, bad- loose steering. but panhard bar will fix that
Don't forget the longer brake lines and driveshafts

Ford guy with twin rockcrawling Samurai's [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
[email protected]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 09-23-2000, 09:03 PM
Keyboard Implanted

hi alfred,i am running breeze drop links and i have had no problems on stock sami springs.when i put sami rears up front and cj springs in back things changed.they form a perfect [L]shape.with this set up i think i would pin them for the road.i will try these out and let you know if pinning is needed.hope this helps,ranger rick

THANK GOD FOR VETERANS AND SUZUKIS-BOTH KEEP YOU FREE. FOUNDER;INDIANA SUZUKI EMERGENCY RESPONSE TEAM
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 09-24-2000, 01:42 AM
zukiman

I have Rocky Road's Missing Links at all 4 corners on my daily-driver Samurai, and they're great. With the longer springs (rear Ranchos in front, front CJs in back) they ride great and flex like crazy. I ramp about 1250 on a 20* ramp and it's about as easy to drive on the road as stock, but a lot more comfy! Off road in the rocks, I could definitely use a panhard bar, but I've never had a problem with the lack of one. I'd highly recommend them.

--Geoff Beasley
Suzuki Tech Editor: www.Off-Road.com

post #5 of (permalink) Old 09-24-2000, 03:43 PM Thread Starter

Geoff, RRick,

thanks for the info... I am highly interested in a setup similar to what you drive...

my front springs are shoot.... so i need to change anyway... point being, i want to get it right the first time...

I have a RRO 4,5spoa, 3" dropped pitman, 31"BFG-MTs...(longer brake-lines and driveshaft-spacers) and like this setup alot... rides VERY stable on road, and has good articulation off road...

what did you put in there aside of this to run your setup... did you have to move the axle or something....

what is needed to run rears in the front... and what is needed to run CJs in the rear?

RRick, I understand your drop-link shackle were closed on the stock setup... and now they are half way open (90* or "L"shaped) right....

any problems on off-camber situations???

thanks for sharing!!!!
Alfred

post #6 of (permalink) Old 09-24-2000, 06:55 PM
Keyboard Implanted

hi alfred,if you drill your axle pads you can leave your axles in the stock position.you can put your rear sami springs up front and without drilling you can move the axle foreward 1.5 inches.check driveshaft for length.it bolts right in.the cj front springs to the rear will move axle back 2inches+.you can drill just the main leaf to where your axle only moves back 1 inch and leave the rest of the springs alone they will move to the front of the axle and help prevent spring wrap when you bolt the spring pack back together.you will need to run drop links or missing links.my breeze drop links are made for stock springs.when mounted they form an arrow shape^ to the front.with the longer springs they form an L shape.hope this helps.RR

THANK GOD FOR VETERANS AND SUZUKIS-BOTH KEEP YOU FREE. FOUNDER;INDIANA SUZUKI EMERGENCY RESPONSE TEAM
post #7 of (permalink) Old 09-25-2000, 09:03 PM Thread Starter

Does anybody with this (or a similar setup) have any fotos (hopefully upclose) to post or any links that would touch this topic...

... hate to make expensive errors ;o)

bye and thanks
alfred

post #8 of (permalink) Old 09-26-2000, 01:40 AM
Keyboard Implanted

alfred,i will try to do some photos of my set up and get them posted.a friend is trying to get a digital camera.it will be a few weeks.maybe if someone goes to the walbash fest at the badlands in indiana oct 6/7/8,we can do some shots and get them posted.see you later,RR

post #9 of (permalink) Old 09-26-2000, 02:07 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

RRick, I am curious why you went to the longer springs?
more articulation? or just a better ride?
The reason Iam asking is Iam thinking of buying a set of the breeze shackles. And I was wondering why you changed from the stock springs.

Thanks, Rick

post #10 of (permalink) Old 09-26-2000, 08:54 AM
Old Hand

"I am curious why you went to the longer springs"

Longer springs give you more flex, smoother ride and they don't go flat as fast. Have you seen what Canyon State has new for the Samurai and J$$p? Shackle reverse setup using Wrangler springs. I want to use those springs, but stay with M/L.
Fred brought his Zook over to My place a week ago, to show us his Wrangler Spring setup and Toyota power steering.

DaveAZ

Asian Auto Parts
http://www.asianautopartsofaz.com

"We make your Suzuki ZIP for less"
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 28-222540-Image-11.JPG (51.0 KB, 0 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode