cross over steering - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-21-2000, 10:32 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

cross over steering

fellas, anyone have any experience with higher heights offroad and their crossover steering conversion.good or bad throw me a line. thanks
dan

87'samurai 88'samurai,quittin work just to play, rocks and boulders are my fortay.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-21-2000, 01:05 PM

Re: cross over steering

At the Zukimelt, one of the guys (Tim Porter I think) broke his "cross over steering" arm. Don't remember the brand though. Seems like it was the one that is "cast" rather than "milled". Anyone else have a better memory
about this?

Later,
James Hiers

post #3 of (permalink) Old 09-21-2000, 01:49 PM
Addict

I have the Higher Heights setup and it is incredible. I havent had any problems with mine but it is cast and therefore weaker than a forged unit.

Lonny - Redmond, WA
87' Stomper, SOA, Missing Links, Z-bar Eliminator, 5.125RP, 4.16TC, lockers, bead locks and 33" Boggers
www.mystomper.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 09-21-2000, 07:00 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Hi everyone,
I'm new here but I felt compelled to reply to this question. I am running the Breeze industries crossover steering and as far as I'm concerned it is the best bar none. It is machined from one piece of solid stock instead of cast like the Heigher Heights one, it has six bolts holding it on: two into the caliper, and four into the steering knuckle (it completely replaces the passenger side kingpin). The Heigher Heights one has the two bolts into the caliper but then uses a cheesy bracket to attach on top of the kingpin, this is not even close to as strong as the Breeze one.

I have had no problems at all with the Breeze steering, since adding it the steering is actually easier with 31"s than it was with stock tires and I have noticed no bumpsteer.

The kit is a available for $273 from North Coast off-road as opposed to the Heigher Heights one for $325 from Petroworks. About the only thing that I can see the Heigher Heights one has going for it is that it includes a new tie rod, which the Breeze one doesn't.

I have talked to the Breeze guys about their products and they really did their homework with this one.

87 LWB Samurai
post #5 of (permalink) Old 09-22-2000, 08:57 AM

I concur with Ian all the way -- the Breeze kit is excellent & I highly recommend it. BTW, it may make you abandon thoughts of power steering after you put one on -- it makes <font color=red>That</font color=red> much difference.

OILBURNER [email protected]
1988.5 Samurai, 1.9L VW Diesel, GRS II, Toyota axles w/ 'locked High-Pinion Diff's.,
35" BFG M/T's, and Lotsa custom goodies too [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
post #6 of (permalink) Old 09-22-2000, 04:53 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

thanks guys for all of your info,exatly what i was lookin for

87'samurai 88'samurai,quittin work just to play, rocks and boulders are my fortay.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 09-22-2000, 05:38 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I agree with Ian I have the breeze steering as well and it is ultra beefy.

I cannot comment on the Higher Heights set-up though.

Chet

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode