Im Shocked! - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-20-2000, 05:19 PM Thread Starter

Im Shocked!

Well,Ive been burning out distributors and noticed yesterday that when I put the OTHER one in and started it,I touched the negative side of my ign.coil and it bit me!Is this a bad ground or something cuz I know the coil only puts out about 12v,but it zapped me.short,bad wires,bad ground?I dont know,Ill ask the pros.Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-26-2000, 06:21 PM Thread Starter

Re: Im Shocked!

I still havent figured out this thing and its about enough to make a grown man cry[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/blush.gif[/img].Anyway looking for a electrical "guru"if you will because Ive done all the tests on the coil,ground and battery everything is putting out volts as it should.HELPPPP!! Have I overlooked something?Why am I burning out distributors like this?[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]Oh yeah,it was the posi side that bit not neg.Thanks!

Criminals prefer unarmed victims!Al Gore wants your firearms!Defend 2nd Ammendment
post #3 of (permalink) Old 09-26-2000, 07:12 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Well remember 12V will bite ya, alot of current there. As to your problem, check the ground between the engine and tub. (Add one.) use a big honking wire. I am having some wierd problems right now with my rig and am going to add one in the am. Along with swapping the carb again.... I am reasonably convinced that I have a wire rubbibg somewhere, and it is cuasing some of my problems. I am about ready to chuck the stock carb all together and
put a new wiring harness in too. (From my parts truck.)

Glenn Loud
87' Zuke Spoa, 31's, 4.16 tcase, Camo,Header,2"exhuast, Cam.
Locked both ends, 8klb winch, Snorkel -Wildweasel2
NE4WI- club
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 09-26-2000, 08:53 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I agree. I just ran a # 12 or 14 wire from the battery negative post to the firewall. Now the wipers work faster, and wouldn't you know.....those rascals in the far East designed in automatic idle speed advance if the lights or heater fan are turned on. It didn't do that before I added the ground wire.
Hahnderosa

'88.5 hrdtop, 29's on 15x8's, want small lift + big exhaust.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 09-26-2000, 10:58 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I also experienced several improvements after adding a ground wire and the reason that I added one is kind of funny. I was trying to get the swr's down on my CB and it wouldnt tune in so I decided that I wasnt getting good ground to the antenna which was bolted to the side of the rear fender so I ran an 8ga wire thru the tub to the frame and the first thing that I noticed was that my heater fan gained alot of speed. and a great reduction in stereo engine noise. lack of ground from frame to body can cause lots of weird stuff if you havent yet I suggest that you add a ground wire the bigger the better.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode