need advice - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-19-2000, 11:02 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

need advice

I have pretty much everything ordered for my suzuki but the tires. I have been going over and over this and I could use some advice here. I am going to have about 6 - 6.5" of lift when I am done. SPOA plus rancho 1.5" springs, I have been told they are actually 2". I am looking at the Gumbo mudders, 12 x 15LT, they are 32.0" tall, 12.1" section width, 9.8" tread width. So pretty much a 33x12.5 but a little shorter. Will this be just right, a little too small or a little too big? By the way I have wheels coming from petroworks, 15x8's so I don't want to go any wider than the 12.5.

'96 CHEVY 3/4ton, 5.7, 7" Superlift, 4.10's
88.5 Samurai Just getting started
http://www.topcities.com/sports/lziffle73
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-19-2000, 11:15 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: need advice

they will fit just fine. i have a buddy with 6.5" lift and runs 33 swampers and they rub just a little but not bad so you should be fine.

brian wilson
80 cj5 "high 5"
stretched to 100" wb
351w/np435/d300/d44/d60/detroits/4.56/35ss/bdlocks
post #3 of (permalink) Old 09-20-2000, 12:06 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

You'll have plenty of room for the tires. No problem there.

Your main concern is going to be brake lines and driveshaft spacers. Make sure the kit you are getting has AT LEAST 7" longer brake lines. Those cheapo stainless lines that come in some kits are only about 3-4" over stock. You're going to have alot of lift when you are finished (about 7" worth) plus much better articulation with the SPOA. Same thing for driveshaft spacers. You will need AT LEAST a 1.25" spacer.

If your kit is not coming with at least 1.25" spacers AND 7" longer brake lines, the company selling it to you is setting you up for some very bad problems when you start wheeling it hard.

Hardcore Suzuki products for hardcore enthusiasts.
http://www.rocky-road.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 09-20-2000, 06:18 AM
Can't Get Enough

I have a 5.5" soa lift with 32" tires and they fit just fine even at full articulation - about .5 to .75" clearance. So with over 6" of lift, you should do ok with 32 or even 33" tires.

Scott
1988 Samurai, 5.5" soa
http://Scott_CJ8.tripod.com
post #5 of (permalink) Old 09-20-2000, 08:49 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

The funny thing is rocky-road that I ordered the 4.5 SPOA and 1.5" springs from you guys. [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] I told them to go ahead and ship them without the Z-link, I ordered the one from you guys but I am having it sent when it is available, and I am getting my own brake lines from Napa or somewhere because that was the only other thing holding up my order. So, I know who I talked to and he said that they would be sending the kit, minus the brakes lines and zlink, and the springs. He never once mentioned that I would need longer spacers! This was all on Tuesday morning in the first 5 minutes you were open. So hopefully I will not have a problem getting this corrected if I get the wrong spacers, or will I? If you would like you can send me a private message and I will let you know who I talked to and we can get this straightened out cause you got me a little worried now!

post #6 of (permalink) Old 09-20-2000, 09:08 PM

the longer brake line from napa are 36967 front
38688 rear thats what i use on the spoa's i have done.
plenty long.

88 spoa samurai
97 sidekick sport
those that can samurai those that can't ?
post #7 of (permalink) Old 09-20-2000, 09:14 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Hey,

thanks for the part #'s. [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img] I'll probably run by NAPA tomorrow to see if they have them or if i'll have to order'em.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode