Zookin' 2K - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-19-2000, 09:39 AM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

Zookin\' 2K

I made is back from Vacation alive and not broke. [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

So, where do we stand for Zookin' 2K? Is it all filled up? Glenn, did Tom or Ed (Spidertrax) call you? They are thinking of coming up. Ed just got back from the first showing of a Suzuki in the ARCA championships.

Who want's to boil lobsters/crabs/shrimp with me at the BBQ?

<font color=blue>Yankee Tim</font color=blue>[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-19-2000, 11:16 AM
Keyboard Implanted

Re: Zookin\' 2K

I'll have some steamers

post #3 of (permalink) Old 09-19-2000, 11:54 AM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

Bring'em along!

<font color=blue>Yankee Tim</font color=blue>[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 09-19-2000, 01:39 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Well I thought you'd never ask! I talked to the campground on sat , we only have 3 people other than me signed up
for sites, not a big deal as we will have the place to ourselves so extra spaces are plenty. I preran trail # 1
sunday and its looking good. I haven't heard from spidertrax. we have 9-10 for sure attendees at this point
which is about what I want. I will prerun trail #2 this weekend. I have all of friday the 29th off for sign-up or if
anyone shows up early we can go hit a few trails. I was wondering if you folks need turn by turn directions
from the interstate (I-91 in this case) or you can allways run them off of mapquest etc. I will have signs out
with a big "S" on them on rt 66 by the campground, or if we need arrows let me know. I know Zooky is staying with me at the house, and Max may stay at the Zook Central campsite in my place. I will provide coffee in the am
at the site also. As I was involved in the buildup of max's rig some of my more ambitious prizes went the way of the
dodo, but I will still have oil filters and some other goodies.

Glenn Loud
87' Zuke Spoa, 31's, 4.16 tcase, Camo,Header,2"exhuast, Cam.
Locked both ends, 8klb winch, Snorkel -Wildweasel2
NE4WI- club
post #5 of (permalink) Old 09-19-2000, 04:18 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

hey glenn-
how ya been? busy here- all of my friends are getting married(but not me!!) so i havent had a weekend to catch up on the zuk. i still need to do a few items prior to the run- hooks,etc. Maybe on the 29th-if no one else is wheeling- we could wrench(read: i could follow your advice)? im still blowin oil, but im not sure where its coming from or if i wouldhave time to fix prior to the run. let me know if you would like to wrench on friday- i can take the whole day off. Either way- i'll be there for the weekend.
see ya-
dean
Max got all the toys? Man, i need to get out west more often.im jealous.

dbenj
88.5 zook, mini mudders, 2"shackles,Thorley Header,K&N,Pony Carb,GM Alt,custom ski bumper
post #6 of (permalink) Old 09-20-2000, 09:09 AM
I Do This For The Glory

I spoke with Max this morning, and he mentioned the run, he also said we could run one of his Zuk's. The wife (<font color=blue>Dancin Bear</font color=blue>) and I can both get Friday off and would like to attend if possible. Being perspective Sami buyers I'd like to see them in action and what's possible for mods.

A few questions:
1) Can we attend? (Oh pretty please!)
2) Should we bring anything?
3) How do we sign up and what do we need to do?

If we can go, we'll just hook up with Max and follow him. I also have a lot of tools and repair knowledge (mostly other vehicles, but helped Max with his Zuk) and don't mind wrenching on Friday.

JEEPN
'81 CJ-8 Scrambled!
GM151/SM465/NP205 twinstick/7" Lift/33" Swampers/REP 8000/RS9000's/Scout II D44's F&R w/4.10's & Lockrights
post #7 of (permalink) Old 09-20-2000, 09:34 AM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

I'll answer a couple of these for ya.

1) Can we attend? (Oh pretty please!)

Is that with sugar on top?[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img] I spoke w/Glenn last nite and I beleive there is still space.

2) Should we bring anything?

Check the website as to what you need. Other than that, bring lobsters, crabs, shrimp or clams. (damn, I'm pushing the whole seafood thing[silly])

3) How do we sign up and what do we need to do?

Go to http://www.cs.umass.edu/~glenn/zookin.htm

Hope to see you there!

post #8 of (permalink) Old 09-20-2000, 09:52 AM
I Do This For The Glory

Thanks, I'll see what I can do on the Lobster end. I think it's running low still, like $4 a pound, but I'll check on it anyway. Any takers? No guarantees though, prices fluctuate a lot. Anyone got a large enough pot to cook them in? I have everything else, except the Sami, and I'll bring what I have. I also have some handheld CB's in case someone doesn't have one. I'll kick the waiver out the door to Glenn this morning. Thanks for the reply.

JEEPN
'81 CJ-8 Scrambled!
GM151/SM465/NP205 twinstick/7" Lift/33" Swampers/REP 8000/RS9000's/Scout II D44's F&R w/4.10's & Lockrights
post #9 of (permalink) Old 09-20-2000, 10:10 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

hey jeepn-
was in Portland last weekend- picked up 8 pound and 1/4 freshies for about 50 bucks. pretty good deal. ive heard anywhere from 4.29 to 4.99 a pound in the area- thats real low.
I'll see if i can find a pot-lots of stores have them on sale for 1/2 price now...

dbenj
88.5 zook, mini mudders, 2"shackles,Thorley Header,K&N,Pony Carb,GM Alt,custom ski bumper
post #10 of (permalink) Old 09-20-2000, 10:12 AM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

Glad to see a taker on the seafood offer. $4 a pound?[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] That's much better than what I'm getting.

Saturday will be a BYOBBQ. I think Glenn will have a grill there. I'm bringing the lobter pot and gas cooker. I'll have the butter, nut crackers, forks and stuff. I'll try to bring a fryer to make hush puppies. I'll also get like a 1/4 bushel of littlenecks for us who like to shuck![img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Everone is welcome to throw in whatever they want to boil. Hey, boiling is easy! It's definately have a "New England" feel. See you there!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode