3 in. body lift - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-18-2000, 07:32 PM
mike shannon

3 in. body lift

ok i am finally starting on the rotary conversion i have decided to put the first one in my h.t..we pulled the motor and tranny out of it last weekend.i was looking at doing a three in. body lift and a 5.5 spoa.i was wondering how much a p.i.t.a. that the body lift is. i have heard it was tough,but i figure that i wont have to worry about the radiator so that should be a little easier. just trying to get some feed back from some one who has done the three in. body lift.thanks mike

88ht,two87s,88.5 spoa,33X12.50,5.12 f&r,rock cage,4.16 T case
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-18-2000, 08:17 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: 3 in. body lift

Was not bad to install, took me alone 3 hours to complete it, only took 1 hour to remove it after I changed susp.
The worst thing is the trans and tcase shifter, moreso the tcase.

Ford guy with twin rockcrawling Samurai's [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
[email protected]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 09-18-2000, 08:46 PM
Can't Get Enough

I would like to hear more about how to do a 3" body lift from anyone who has done one too. I picked up a old Toyota 3" body lift kit for $20 buck. I bought it just for the 3" spacers and the bolts. I have heard the biggest P.I.T.A. is the transfer case selector and the steering column. How about the emergency brake cables, stock air cleaner assembly (engine stays in place but body goes up), radiator hoses, fan, etc... I would be glad to hear from anybody who can shed some light on this subject. Thanks

Wife thinks I bought a Samurai because it's good on gas. She doesn't know is I am secretly building a Tiny Giant Killer! Now how do I hide the 33" Swampers and do a SPOA next time she goes shopping?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 09-18-2000, 09:33 PM
Keyboard Implanted

hi zoomy4,my air cleaner was no problem.longer flex line to cleaner.this allows for a smooth bend without kinking the tube.i went to an electric fan,pusher on the outside of my radiator.i really had no problem with hoses because of the way my 4.3 fits.i did have to loosen my emergency brake cable some.my transfer case was a small pain,but i did not bleed.hope this helps,ranger rick

THANK GOD FOR VETERANS AND SUZUKIS-BOTH KEEP YOU FREE. FOUNDER;INDIANA SUZUKI EMERGENCY RESPONSE TEAM
post #5 of (permalink) Old 09-18-2000, 11:41 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Have a Hilift on hand and do one side at a time. Double check all hoses and electrical connections before raising the body up. You may have to open up the shifter holes a bit, have some sheet metal cutters handy just in case.

Go slow and watch your hands a fingers! Body lifts are always the spookiest lifts to install in my book.

Hardcore Suzuki products for hardcore enthusiasts.
http://www.rocky-road.com
post #6 of (permalink) Old 09-19-2000, 09:03 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Hey Mike, I am in the middle of the rotary conversion with that motor/tranny that I bought from you. That automatic trans. is a little wider than the tunnel so I am putting on a 2 or 3 in. body lift. There's all of 10 bolts holding the body on so it's pretty easy. Glenn W. put together some good instructions for a 2 in. lift on the off-road.com/suzuki tips & tricks page.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode