yodazuk - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-18-2000, 12:34 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

yodazuk

how did you make your hydro winch?
just saw it in your signature and was curious.

Supper Sammi
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-19-2000, 12:28 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: yodazuk

Both the pump and pump motor are Eaton brand units. The pump motor is direct drive to the spool and i used the holes in the left side of the eng block to bolt up a homemade adapter plate for the pump. These pumps can not take a side thrust so a short shaft in a double brg homemade pillow brg was made and bolted to the pump. Then took a extra crank pulley and machined the center out of it and welded it to the main crank pulley. the fan shroud had to be removed.
so far i have to throw the belt on it when i need to use it but im going to try an AC clutch and on the pump and see if it will hold under load. The bumper was built for the winch and was welded to the frame as well as bolted. When i first tryied it i fully spooled the cable out and hooked it to a 91 Dodge diesel 4x4 which was in gear and had the e-brake on. My truck was lodged in a ditch so it wouldn't slide. The Dodge was dragged down the driveway so we put wheel choks under the Dodge and it went up and over that as well.
The best part is i can run it longer then an electric. This unit will not freespool but runs faster than most electric onesand hasn't been a problem so far. If you have anymore questions feel free. I'll see if i can find a good better pic of the front end tomorrow.
[img]C:\WINDOWS\Desktop\Temp file\bush shot.jpg[/img]

Manitoba Trail Masters
Brent Steliga

If you Haven't rolled, You are not trying hard enough
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode