10x15 rims with 2"BS-help - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-17-2000, 07:54 PM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

10x15 rims with 2\"BS-help

ok gentlemen ,you got me this far.last thing to do is tires and rims.anybody out there using 10x15 rims with 2"BS.what problems did you have.my sami now is a little over 6 feet tall,10"+ total lift.the axles are stretched in length about 3.5".i want some stability on the hills.my thought is 12.50 wide tires in front and 14 or 15.50 wide tires in back.31 or 33 height is up to what you guys think.if you have not followed the build up,i have a 4.3 eng and 4.16 transfer.i just need to be mindful of breaking birdfields/axles.thanks ranger rick

THANK GOD FOR VETERANS AND SUZUKIS-BOTH KEEP YOU FREE. FOUNDER;INDIANA SUZUKI EMERGENCY RESPONSE TEAM
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-17-2000, 08:59 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: 10x15 rims with 2\"BS-help

just wondering with all the upgrades you have why you wouldnt go with toy. axles?
let me know

Supper Sammi
post #3 of (permalink) Old 09-17-2000, 09:59 PM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

i sold them thinking i would stop at the body lift and would not need them.next sami will have toy or 44s on it.but for now i need guys with experience on this matter,so that i do not blow a lot of money.thank you for your interest,ranger rick

THANK GOD FOR VETERANS AND SUZUKIS-BOTH KEEP YOU FREE. FOUNDER;INDIANA SUZUKI EMERGENCY RESPONSE TEAM
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 09-17-2000, 10:34 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I have 10" wheel with a 2" backspace (and beadlocks). The main potential problem is that there is alot of swing on the front tires when you turn the wheels. Plan on having to possibly do some extra cutting in the fenderwells to make them fit. They really swing fore and aft alot with all that extra width swinging around.

Hardcore Suzuki products for hardcore enthusiasts.
http://www.rocky-road.com
post #5 of (permalink) Old 09-17-2000, 11:10 PM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

hi glen,good to hear from you again.with the 3" body lift, the spring over gave me close to 6.5" and all,i have at least 10" of lift.my front axle is foreward about 1.5". where should i look to cut.front bumper and support tubes are gone already.let me know and i will move the metal. thanks for taking the time to respond.you fellow zookers have been very helpful to me in this project.thanks ranger rick

post #6 of (permalink) Old 09-18-2000, 07:22 PM
mike shannon

hey r.r. i have been running 33x12.5 pro com. muds on a set of old 10 in. rims from my bronco[about 3 in. offset]. i still have it rubbing in the front on full stuff,with the zook rear springs up front. but i think that you should be fine with the three in. body lift.i put in a full with side kick rear end in mine it brought it out 2 more in. on each side but the zook drive shaft didn't like it. first i thought it was the spacers,so i pulled them out and whent with a yoke extension. that lasted two trail runs then i spit it out again. it just didn't have enough movement in the u joint. you could see where it was binding when it was twisted up.i forgot to say that the side kick rear is centered. i finally went to a toyota drive shaft haven't had a problem since. i think your biggest problem is going to be your right foot with all that torque you have the ability to tear up every thing from the tranny back,and forward. i have a neighbor kid that has a 4.3 in his he has been carful with it and hasn't broke anything in over a year.he drives it every day[his only set of wheels]and does take it off road just doesn't get carried away. he has had to add the rancho add a leaves to the front of his, it lasted about a year.he is fixing to do it again. i put a set of 35x14.5 thorn birds on 15 x 12 with 2 in. offset on mine for about a week was going to need massive lift to make them work. but they looked bad as hell. the biggest problem was keeping it on the road.it went all over the place on country roads. i think part of it was the large offset letting the wheels have more leverage on the steering. so i took them off and put them in the shed wating for the next project.hope this gives you some ideas to think about mike.

88ht,two87s,88.5 spoa,33X12.50,5.12 f&r,rock cage,4.16 T case
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode