SPOA -BIRDFIELDS QUESTION/HELP - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-15-2000, 09:54 PM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

SPOA -BIRDFIELDS QUESTION/HELP

i have taken your input and tried it out.i have a couple of questions.the CJ springs i put in back ,moved the rear axle back 2.5"s.is that right?they were 7 leaf.the bottom two leafS were added to my stock rear springs and went up front to support my 4.3 and winch.i think i need to raise my gas tank to protect it if i stuff the rear tire.i have about 2" clearence between tire and guard for gas inlet line..any pointers on that task?I NOW SIT ABOUT 10" HIGHER THAN STOCK.it looks scarey and my 32x11.50[ACTUAL 30"], look real small.i have a 3" body lift,welded in-3" tired spring-and the spoa.all ideals on tire/wheel combos welcome.would like to keep the rubber on the ground.i have breeze birdfield rings to install-no instructions.does the big bevel side go to the inside or outside?thanks for your input.ranger rick

THANK GOD FOR VETERANS AND SUZUKIS-BOTH KEEP YOU FREE. FOUNDER;INDIANA SUZUKI EMERGENCY RESPONSE TEAM
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-15-2000, 10:10 PM

Re: SPOA QUESTION/HELP

You need to move the spring perch pad holes back about two inches, yes your on track, its what I had to do to, in order to avoid stuffing your wheel into the gas tank upon compression. Get rid of your three inch body lift by going down to two or less and that will take some of the scare factor away. Everything else sounds right on, but measure your 32's because mine are really 30's when I checked them. Yeah they do look small, but real 32's should fill it up nicely. Give us a picture rick, and what did you do for steering, z link? did you ML it and extended shackle too? Talk to me, Max

Just one more of the elite Samurai![img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 09-15-2000, 10:21 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

yeah chunk the body lift. if it is as high as it sounds then you won't need any body lift so get rid of all of it.

brian wilson
80 cj5 "high 5"
stretched to 100" wb
351w/np435/d300/d44/d60/detroits/4.56/35ss/bdlocks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 09-15-2000, 11:26 PM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

thanks for the comeback.i have breeze m/l,-z bar for steering, -tires do measure 30" not 32" as marked.i need to find a way to post picture,i do not have the equipment to do that.the body lift will be hard to remove.welded in.options ,wide tires and wheels.i am thinking 31x12.50 in front and 31x15.50 in the rear.maybe 33 inch tires.comments please.thanks again ranger rick

THANK GOD FOR VETERANS AND SUZUKIS-BOTH KEEP YOU FREE. FOUNDER;INDIANA SUZUKI EMERGENCY RESPONSE TEAM
post #5 of (permalink) Old 09-16-2000, 06:45 AM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

MAX ,MORE INFO AND QUESTIONS.6 HOURS TO FIX AND MAKE LAST TRAIL RIDE OF THE YEAR.I LOVE PRESSURE.RR

post #6 of (permalink) Old 09-16-2000, 08:46 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

if you want to widen your stance for stability then how about a set of 33x12.50's on a set of 15x10 wheels with 2" back spacing. try that and is still not enough then spring for a set of wheel spacers. this will have you really wide but it will greatly help your stance and stability.

brian wilson
80 cj5 "high 5"
stretched to 100" wb
post #7 of (permalink) Old 09-16-2000, 10:13 PM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

hi brian,SEMPER FI,do you think a 10"wide wheel with 2" BS will put much strain on the front tube/ends?i do not hot dog it,just cruise over the trail.thanks ranger rick

post #8 of (permalink) Old 09-16-2000, 10:19 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

i see alot of guy's running 15x8's with 2" backspacing on their zuks and have heard of no problems. if i were you and are only going to run 12.50's i'd run the 15x8's too. the only reason i suggested the 10's is because you were worried about being top heavy and that was a way to help that tippy feeling. the 10 inch wide rims maybe ok too but i havn't heard of anyone running them to say weather or not they will cause a problem.

brian wilson
80 cj5 "high 5"
stretched to 100" wb
post #9 of (permalink) Old 09-16-2000, 10:34 PM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

hi brian,i am going to run the 10" wheels.12" tires in front and 14s in the rear. that should keep me stable.many thanks ,not only for the info ,but also for serving your country.ranger rick

post #10 of (permalink) Old 09-17-2000, 09:21 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

If you find the CJ springs riding stiff, you may want to go down to only the 3 longest CJ leafs in the springpack. When we set up vehicles with the CJ springs, we use the three longest leafs and the stock overload leaf. Rides plush and just about matches the lift height of a 1.5" Rancho spring on the other end of hte vehicle.

Hardcore Suzuki products for hardcore enthusiasts.
http://www.rocky-road.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode