Sidekick 2wd auto transmission in a Samurai??? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-15-2000, 06:27 PM
ronin

Sidekick 2wd auto transmission in a Samurai???

I have seen mention of using a 2wd automatic transmission out of a sidekick in a samurai. How does this work? How does the samurai transfer case bolt to the transmission? Are there any adapters needed? How hard is it? Where can I find more info?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-15-2000, 07:37 PM

Re: Sidekick 2wd auto transmission in a Samurai???

<font color=blue>HAWK SUZUKI</font color=blue>
<font color=red>1-888-SAMURAI</font color=red>

post #3 of (permalink) Old 09-15-2000, 09:04 PM
CSR

There was a guy in Knoxville, TN that did a late model 2.0L/automatic swap in his Sami. Look around http://izook.com site for the article. I think it's titled "2.0 powered".

[email protected]
http://www.geocities.com/zuki_chris/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 09-15-2000, 11:36 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I have seen a Samurai in Arkansas that is 2.5 liter Chevy powered (4 cyl.) with a 700R4 auto trans. These are both from an S-10, 2-whl.drv. Decided on the 700R4 because it has a very low 1st gear. Combined with low range in the stock transfer case, it can go just about anywhere. My son used it to pull a full-size Chevy pickup 4x4 out of a mud hole where both were up to rocker panels in water. It has cammy paint, power steering, a distributor from a 91 Chev Citation, and the original S-10 CFI was replaced with a single barrel Holley carb. The distributor was for simplicity. It is HEI and simply needs a single hot wire to function. Same for the carb, simplicity. No computer module and sensors and rewiring. A short driveshaft runs from the trans thru a Cardigan U-joint to the transfer case flange. It also has a Calmini crossover steering kit that totally eliminated the bumpsteer it had with the previous Z-link setup. (SPOA and different springs, no body lift.) Perhaps a picture is in order.

No Stranger
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode