Full Sport Cage Recommendations - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-15-2000, 09:03 AM
pugrocker

Full Sport Cage Recommendations

Any recommendations for a weld in sport cage? I was looking at the Calmini, Petroworks and Davesport cages and I seem to be swaying towards the Davesport. Any feedback or suggestions would be appreciated.....

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-15-2000, 02:23 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Re: Full Sport Cage Recommendations

I'd have to say the davesport one is a good design, the straight down tubes are a good feature. Non of them will
do a bit of good unless you tie them to the frame in some way.

Glenn Loud
87' Zuke Spoa, 31's, 4.16 tcase, Camo,Header,2"exhuast, Cam.
Locked both ends, 8klb winch, Snorkel -Wildweasel2
NE4WI- club
post #3 of (permalink) Old 09-15-2000, 02:45 PM
mike shannon

to tell you the truth if you have the ability to weld it all together,i would recommend you buy one of the cheap benders from harbor frieght or northern hydraulics.and make your own just beware that all your buddies will want you to do theres.the benders they sell are really simple to use you really don't have to know any thing about bend allowances just bend it where you want the center of the bend to be.i have been using a pro bend model that cost about 6000.00 bucks it works great but there is a lot more figuring to it.i have used the cheap one from harbor frieght and to tell you the truth i am just now getting faster on the electric pro bender.i have been using 1 5/8 tubing that is .120 wall thickness, it is electric welded [it has been running about .45 cents a foot]and is the same size as 1 1/4 in pipe. it fits the dies that come with the cheap bender.o yea i for got i put mine on the out side i could not afford to lose any room.it has been on both sides and still looks fine.later mike

88ht,two87s,88.5 spoa,33X12.50,5.12 f&r,rock cage,4.16 T case
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 09-15-2000, 04:39 PM
CSR

I love my Davesport cage. I have the front add-on kit, used my original main hoop, added a tube behind the seats, tubes by the doors, and two tubes that go to the rear and bolt down by the rear seatbelt holes. I also tied the original main hoop into the frame, since it's mounted to the flimsy wheelwells. I posted a picture on the "post Zuk pictures" thread.

[email protected]
http://www.geocities.com/zuki_chris/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode