Tranny, dist., hubs - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-12-2000, 11:30 PM
martian

Tranny, dist., hubs

Going to be rebuilding the tranny shortly, as well as generally going over the Sammie. Read a post a while back (can't find it now) about replacing the O-ring on the distributor (mines leaking a little). How do I go about this the correct way? Just unbolt the whole thing and swap the 0-ring? Don't want to mess with the timing.
How demanding is it to regrease the front hubs?
Getting a factory manual with the rebuild kit anyway, but curious about it now.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-13-2000, 08:54 AM

Re: Tranny, dist., hubs

Thats about how its done, make sure you dont spin the distributor gear or you will have to retime the thing. You are better off to do it anyway since it may be a pain in the butt to get the dist gear to line up with the cam gear once you pull it out.

"Happiness is a Belt Fed Weapon!"
post #3 of (permalink) Old 09-13-2000, 09:04 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Tranny, dist., hubs

replacing the o-ring is relatively easy. All you do is unbolt it and replace the o-ring and then bolt it back up. Be sure that you do not turn anything around while you do this. After you bolt it back up, start the truck and see if she's firing in time. if not undo the 12mm bolt and turn the distriutor around until the timing is right. (I may get my ass kicked here as this is my experience and how I did it...no problems since for me)

greasing the front hubs isn't that hard to do. There are two sets of bolts you need to undo. The ones that hold the hub onto the end of everything and the other ones that hold the clutch on(the cap part of it). first unbolt the ones that hold everything on and carefully remove that hub. pull it towards you and then place it on it's side, as if it were still attached to the truck. next, remove the cap bolts and slide the clutch part off. now you can grease it all up, but don't over grease it. put everything back in exactly the same spot you removed it from and put it back on your truck.

an easy way to remember the exact position of everything it to use a magic marker. mark the part you remove and the part you are removing it from. that way when it comes time to put it all back together all you need to do is line up the magic marker points......

run into any trouble and I can talk you through it over ICQ.

'85 SuziSkip
1.6 22R off it's rocker
"If it's too hard or you're a pussy, give me a go at it"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode