getting ready to lift it - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-12-2000, 04:17 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

getting ready to lift it

I am going to order the calmini 5" lift for my samurai. I have been going over this in my head alot and I think this will suit me the best and I don't have to worry about weakening the axle tubes and all that stuff by welding. Anyways, the tire charts I see say I can run 32's, but I see alot of you run 31's. Will 32's rub with 5" of lift or not? Also, I haven't called any parts suppliers yet about this but I have searched the internet as much as I can stand and I can't find any 15x8 wheels with 2" of backspacing. Where do you all get them? Well that's it, have a good one.

http://www.topcities.com/sports/lziffle73
'96 CHEVY 3/4ton, 5.7, 7" Superlift, 4.10's
<font color=green>Beauty is in the eye of the BEERHOLDER</font color=green>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-12-2000, 09:27 AM
Keyboard Implanted

Re: getting ready to lift it

moab offroad[888 354 5337] sells the wheels your looking for,also toolmaster has a site on this page.he sold his wheels,but thinks he can get more.good luck,ranger rick

THANK GOD FOR VETERANS AND SUZUKIS-BOTH KEEP YOU FREE. FOUNDER;INDIANA SUZUKI EMERGENCY RESPONSE TEAM
post #3 of (permalink) Old 09-12-2000, 10:45 AM

Petroworks sells 15x8 wheels with 2 3/4" backspacing which is perfect for ZUKs starting at about $45 a wheel for basic black. As far as the rubbing goes you should be fine with 5" of lift. A SPOA would still be better if you plan on wheeling. Dont worry about weakening the axles tubes, hundreds of people run SPOA with not axle tube breakage problems, usually axles, driveshafts and birfield joints, and they dont care what lift you use only that you lift your right foot off the gas pedal!!

"Happiness is a Belt Fed Weapon!"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 09-12-2000, 11:39 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

If they are telling you that you can run a 31 or 32" tire with the shackle reverse stuff, make sure you can get a full refund when your tires start being chewed up. We get calls on a regular basis from folks unhappy with this lift and who are shredding their tires.

If Suzukis were safer and rode smoother with a S/R, it would have come that way from the factory. Safety is the big issue with these bolton S/R things though.

Hardcore Suzuki products for hardcore enthusiasts.
http://www.rocky-road.com
post #5 of (permalink) Old 09-12-2000, 06:40 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Actually I just ordered the 4.5 SPOA from ya! It only took three tries to get through (in only a 30 minute span) and the guy that I talked to actually talked me out of the 5.5" because I might go with longer springs in the future. Now, if you can get it to me next week I would be in business, I have 5 days off next week to get started on it. Too bad I have to wait on the Z-link but I can live without that for now, getting it in and out of the garage is the important part.

post #6 of (permalink) Old 09-12-2000, 06:56 PM

If you get that in a week, you have an obligation to let us know right away. This would mean that rocky road is doing good, and they could use that right now, Ive never heard of ANYONE getting a SpOA kit from them in less then a month, and with all the right parts to boot. If your not getting a z link then how are you correcting steering? an extended pitman arm atleast? Let us know when you get it Ok? Thanks, max

Just one more of the elite Samurai![img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
post #7 of (permalink) Old 09-12-2000, 07:06 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I am getting the Z-link, but not for awhile. They said that they will send me the rest now and the Z-link when they get some made up. I am ok with this, as long as they get me the rest of the kit in a timely manner.

post #8 of (permalink) Old 09-12-2000, 07:10 PM

Glenn I have to disagree with that statement. Using that logic if SPOA were safe or performed better it would have came that way. I cannot and will not argue the "tech" of a s/r. All I can tell you is what I felt in ride difference after I did mine. It's a homemade setup but I love the ride.

Keith

C-Ya.....................kh
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode