I need help, I can't get her to pass smog (91 Samurai) and she has some wierd problems:
1) Hella smoke comes out when she is started and I romp on the gas. It is dark like deep grey almost black, sometimes its blue
2) She is getting really tired
3) She failed smog MISERABLY, like a 1280 or something
4) When I rev her up high like maybe 4500-5000rpms she starts to cut off and on and off and on (for however long I hold that speed, (but she is EFI), so the dash on the right hand side starts to click (is it the ECU?). WHat the hell is that?
5) I have a new ECU, new alternator, new starter etc. I have blown three batteries in two months. I had Kragens check my battery, both were fine from the start, my alternator has been tested it is fine too. I have a built in regulator in the alternator and I run a DIRECT lead from the alt to the battery. What is going on?
6) Does anyone have a good wiring diagram for a 91 sammurai? THe guy who owned it screwed with the wiring, so I want to pull everything out and match everything where it is suppose to go. Otherwise, who carries a good but inexpensive replacement wiring harness for my samurai?
7) Are lockers suppose to click when you go around corners like 10 times? I know they click (exz lockers), but I have never heard one this much. But it still works . .I dunno, maybe its a stupid question . .
RAGEx2 - Mike Egli
1991 Suzuki Samarai
1995 Jeep Cherokee