Engine Troubles - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-11-2000, 12:45 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Engine Troubles

I need help, I can't get her to pass smog (91 Samurai) and she has some wierd problems:

1) Hella smoke comes out when she is started and I romp on the gas. It is dark like deep grey almost black, sometimes its blue
2) She is getting really tired
3) She failed smog MISERABLY, like a 1280 or something
4) When I rev her up high like maybe 4500-5000rpms she starts to cut off and on and off and on (for however long I hold that speed, (but she is EFI), so the dash on the right hand side starts to click (is it the ECU?). WHat the hell is that?
5) I have a new ECU, new alternator, new starter etc. I have blown three batteries in two months. I had Kragens check my battery, both were fine from the start, my alternator has been tested it is fine too. I have a built in regulator in the alternator and I run a DIRECT lead from the alt to the battery. What is going on?
6) Does anyone have a good wiring diagram for a 91 sammurai? THe guy who owned it screwed with the wiring, so I want to pull everything out and match everything where it is suppose to go. Otherwise, who carries a good but inexpensive replacement wiring harness for my samurai?
7) Are lockers suppose to click when you go around corners like 10 times? I know they click (exz lockers), but I have never heard one this much. But it still works . .I dunno, maybe its a stupid question . .

Cellular- 707-318-6503
1991 Suzuki Samarai
1995 Jeep Cherokee
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-12-2000, 06:23 PM

Re: Engine Troubles

Rage-Let me know if youve figured out whats making yours blow out the smoke.Feels like Ive been through sammi college to try and figure mine out,Ive tested everything

post #3 of (permalink) Old 09-13-2000, 01:06 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I believe the smoke is the rings being shot. I have burnt wires all over the place, so I believe the clicking when the engine gets revved up is an electrical problem, such as some wires to the ECU or the sensors are fried.

I also have a charging system problem that happens every couple of days after I put another battery in it, I have no idea what it is since the alternator was checked and tested out fine. Thank god I have a warranty on my battery!
This problem I dont know what the problem is . . .

ALso, I am now getting like 10 miles per gallon on my 1.3l EFI. I need to save up some money and bring her to the shop . .

Cellular- 707-318-6503
1991 Suzuki Samarai
1995 Jeep Cherokee
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 09-13-2000, 02:55 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

color of smoke indidcater
blue... ring burning oil
dark gray/ black.... unburnt fuel... running rich
white ... lean ...BYE BYE ENGINGE unless you adjust timeing

Supper Sammi
post #5 of (permalink) Old 09-13-2000, 03:13 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

DOH! Ok, the smoke is dark gray and black and sometimes it also has a blueish tint to it, so as I thought my rings are probably shot. Fun, my samurai gets HEAD before I do now ..
Oh, and about my engine running rich, how do you change that on an EFI? I have a new O2 sensor so other than that I dont know what else . .
HAHAHA, maybe I'm wrong on the mixture . . hehe I'm surprise dthis little motor is 2 stroke, HAHAHAHHAHA

Cellular- 707-318-6503
1991 Suzuki Samarai
1995 Jeep Cherokee
post #6 of (permalink) Old 09-13-2000, 03:34 PM

So what are the options for running rich,besides changing the 02 sensor?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode