Missing Link - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-10-2000, 04:55 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Missing Link

I am doing a SPOA and am planning on using Missing Links what is the best way to setup the steering? Z bar seems inexpensive but isn't it just a modified stock rod as they want mine for a core. Calmini steering looks a little complicated has anyone any experience with these I am curious what you do If you break one of its components will you be able to get pieces separatly? One last thing for any Missing Link guys are you using driveshaft spacers seems that the sizes that they come in will not be long enough did you have to have the driveshafts lengthened? Anyone ever tried Toyota shafts look similar but I don't know..

1986 Samuraii
Shackles
4:1 trasfer case
More mods on the way just waiting for the lottery board to call
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-10-2000, 05:58 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Missing Link

My 86 runs M/L, I used a 1.25" spacer for the front (soon to be 2" extended slipyoke), and a 2"extended slip yoke for the rear with no spacer. I Had the Calmini steering link on this one but tansfered it to my 95 Daily driver as there is no bumpsteer, loved it and the tie rod ends are factory Samurai Parts. Went to 'Z' link on the 86 and it steers funny and when you go through a dip in the road it jerks the wheel from side to side, but if you hit a manhole with only one tire you don't really feel it in the steering. I'm planning on trying the Higher Hights crossover steering after I get a Panhard bar. People say the Calmini kit will not work with the front axle moved forward, but it works fine with the axle moved up to 1.5" forward.

Ford guy with twin rockcrawling Samurai's [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
[email protected]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 09-10-2000, 09:00 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Rockcrawler where did you find the 2inch slip yokes and what is the price on them.....

1986 Samuraii
Shackles
4:1 trasfer case
More mods on the way just waiting for the lottery board to call
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 09-10-2000, 10:13 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

http://www.trailtough.com
$65 each

Ford guy with twin rockcrawling Samurai's [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
[email protected]
post #5 of (permalink) Old 09-11-2000, 12:24 AM
Old Hand

I use the Missing Links from Trail Tough and their new over the spring steering bar set up. Works great with SPOA.
No more broken, or bent steering bars, or bump steer!

DaveAZ

Asian Auto Parts
http://www.asianautopartsofaz.com

"We make your Suzuki ZIP for less"
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."
post #6 of (permalink) Old 09-11-2000, 09:31 AM

I just stuck a Pan hard bar on my ZUK which has ML F/R, longer front shock towers, power steering and the pan hard works great.

I have a toyota rear driveshaft in my ZUK and it is leaps and bounds better than adding a spacer. Only downside is you will have to change your rear Tcase flange and 3rd member flange if you dont have an early model ZUK to get the bolt holes to line up, and get some machining done in order to match up the flanges. But it is well worth the time and effort, you get alot more axles play with less stress on the U joints cause they dont bind as easily with the spacers and stock ZUK shafts. I used a shaft from a 92 Toyota extended cab 4x4 pickup and had it cut down by a driveshaft shop to fit.

Good luck

"Happiness is a Belt Fed Weapon!"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode