pony carb? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-08-2000, 12:01 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

pony carb?

I was over at glen wakefields web site a few months ago and he had carb kits for the pony carb. now I don't see any there at all? what gives? I think I have a pony carb. but it needs rebuilt and tunned right. can someone help me?

http://www.delphi.com/n/mb/at.asp?we...roll_x5_8a.jpg
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-09-2000, 08:33 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Re: pony carb?

I sell the factory rebuild kits for $70US.

DannyL

Just remember for every mile on the
road of life there's two miles of ditch.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 09-09-2000, 10:14 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Don't do it four of us tried it here and it didn't work worth a damn. They don't like angles at all and all you get out of it a crappy fuel mileage.I am a a mechanic by trade and i just couldn't get these things to work half decent.
i went to a Webber after that and that was pretty much the same so i did a bunch of mods to my factory carb and stayed to that ever since. they can be modified to take all angles and to give you a little more power. good luck with what you decide but i recomend you stay with what you have

Manitoba Trail Masters
Brent Steliga
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 09-10-2000, 12:06 AM

What did you do to your stock carb to give you more power?

post #5 of (permalink) Old 09-10-2000, 06:58 AM
Old Hand

I'm surprized that the Pony carb didn't work out for you. My stock 88.5 carb was starting to give me trouble so I swapped to a Pony. I was getting around 20MPG with the stock and I get around 20MPG with the Pony. I have more power with the Pony. I have an American Zuk so the Pony carb mounted with the bowl to the back of the engine. It runs great going up hills. It does try to stall going down steep hills. But I haven't taken the time to try and adjust the float. I never even rebuilt the carb.

I'm happy with mine.
And for the money I have invested in it ($76) I'm really happy with it :>)

Just my $.02

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img][email protected]
http://www.geocities.com/jbird88_5/index.html
post #6 of (permalink) Old 09-12-2000, 11:46 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

A couple of simple steps.
-take the sammy carb all apart and give it a good cleaning.
-you will notice the vac pot for the secondary has a small hole. drill it out to the max size of the tube.
-if you look through the top of the carb you will see the angled bowl vent. You want to put fuel hose over that and run it down to the air cleaner,then drill a small hole in the center of the air cleaner box just big enough to slip the fuel hose through. That takes care of one of the vents.
-look again through the top of the carb and you will also notice a small angled hole which is also a second vent.
Use a small pice of brass dowl that will fit fairly tight in the hole,then cut a short piece off and use a small punch to drive it in. This vent is not nessary.

Once you have done these simple steps your secondary will respond faster and this carb will almost keep running on its side. You can also set up a simple ram air duct or a snorkel(as you probally allready know these carbs allways run rich)and because of this easy power is found by forcing more air in. There are a few more things that you can do but try the easy ones firstand GOOD LUCK!

Manitoba Trail Masters
Brent Steliga
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode