Off Roading Forums banner

Carb Vacumn Lines

868 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  wildweasel 
#1 ·
How many vacumn lines do you eliminate with the Hyundai Pony carb retrofit? how many with the Weber carb retrofit? Which carb retrofit is the most reliable?
Which is the easiest to maintain, IE; which one can you set and forget. Is a manual choke required with the Weber carb?

Thanks

early 88 Zuk, Calmini headers, 2" shackle lift, GRS-1, Kayline Full Doors, Steel Horse Seats, 2" exhaust, 30X9.5 rubber, Doetsh shocks & stabilizer

#2 ·
Oldfartzuk,
I'm relatively new to Zukes too, but my Weber carb has an automatic choke. Most all the sensors are not attached, and there are about 4 vaccume line/hoses running from it. Eventually, I'm going to find out what I do and don't need and clean the rest of em up. So far, the weber is working great, haven't had it on the trail yet. (Hope to find out soon....)

Scott
1988 Samurai, 5.5" soa
http://Scott_CJ8.tripod.com

#3 ·
I just recently replaced my stock carb with a Weber conversion. I got the kit with the adapter for the stock air cleaner. You eliminate most of the vacuum lines and all of the electrical sensors. It has the same type of hot water choke as the stock carb. It has made a world of difference in the accelleration. I've heard that the Pony carbs are better on steep inclines... if you rock crawl. Buying a Pony carb from a wrecking yard is also quite a bit less expensive than buying a new Weber.

88.5 Samurai Hardtop
87 Samurai Convertible

#4 ·
With the pony you keep 1 vacuum line. Thats for the distributer advance. Sent the idle and go. real nice.
alot cheaper if you can find them. also a carb from a 78 toyota corolla w/1.2l is supposed to work too.
damned if I know for sure though.

Glenn Loud
87' Zuke Spoa, 31's, 4.16 tcase, Camo,Header,2"exhuast, Cam.
Locked both ends, 8klb winch, Snorkel -Wildweasel2
NE4WI- club

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.