WTF Rocky Road Outfitters - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-01-2000, 04:48 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

WTF Rocky Road Outfitters

I need some recomendations on who to deal with for parts. I am planning doing a SPOA on my Sammy. One month ago I ordered some spring saddles from Rocky Road Outfitters, a couple of weeks go by, no parts. I call numerous times and all I get is transfered to voicemail and told to call back later, now this in not the techline but the order line. Finally I get through last week sometime, they say the order never went out they are sorry and I can look for my parts the first part of the week. Ok cool I think, the week goes by, no parts. I am going to need many odds and ends to finish the project,ie. steering linkage, driveline spacers etc... What I want to know are they a credible company? I have ordered tons of stuff with many different companys online and over the phone never a problem, 7 days 10 tops to deliver. This has been almost a month. Are there any companies to be recommended, my neighbors are sick of looking at my Sammy disassembled in the driveway......

1986 Samuraii
Shackles
4:1 trasfer case
More mods on the way just waiting for the lottery board to call
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-01-2000, 05:24 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: WTF Rocky Road Outfitters

I would recomend canceling your order but then they just might charge you for it and still not send it to you. Read around, it's a love/hate with RRO.

Cam Iliff
[email protected]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 09-01-2000, 05:47 PM

Here is some options that you must know about, but ill tell you anyway. First off, decide what kind of steering linkage you need, are you going power steering? then I say knuckle over thru breeze but its spendy. My personal experience with petroworks is this, had ordered stuff for three different sammi's and they messed up on one order. It took a month and a week to get it straightend up with them and they sent it out again, this time right. So I did what you did by posting on the board, my feedback on petroworks which wasnt all that bad at the time. Then I order two spacers, to give them a second chance, they sent me one??[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] I was also billed for one, but I have to wonder where the communication failure is, because I was clear that im sure of. No big deal, like the guys there a lot, they are good to talk with and work with you on there mistakes, and i always got thru on the phone. My next venture is trail tough possibly for yoke extensions instead of spacers.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img] That is unless Glenn gets a lathe before the fest, but im in no rush for him to get it, i have PLENTY to upgrade on my rig. Who else? I dont know what your experience with calmini is, but Tim loves them so they must be great. Try this, buy a welder and start fabricating the stuff yourself. Thats what im doing and I love it, its a great feeling. Unfortunately I understand that not everyone has the time to dedicate to this. OH YEAH there is good news, I found Glenn a new employee who is a former chemical engineer and is going to move to utah and straighten there act up. [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img] So look for an under new management sign on there webpage[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img] (not owners) and there heading for the fortune 500. Sorry about your luck, if I were you Id send Rocky Road your resume and move there to straighten them out [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/mad.gif[/img] then we will only hear the good stuff about them. Good Luck on your build up, I hear your frustration, your not alone[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif[/img] Max

Just one more of the elite Samurai![img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 09-01-2000, 10:14 PM

HAd to wait 5-6 weeks for the missing links i ordered. Started out as 2 weeks tops then kept getting more excuses. I like their products and now that i am close to dropping a couple grand on t-case/gears/locker's, i believe i will look elsewhere. Appearently things have not changed in the past 6 month's since my last order.

post #5 of (permalink) Old 09-02-2000, 09:05 AM
Keyboard Implanted

Geez, after read ALL of the bad stuff about MOST of these outfits it kinda makes me want to go into fabbing the SAME stuff all these other places are doing!!!
And the biggest benefit to you American folks is would be you get a 40-45% discount cause I'm in CANADA!!!!

I am in the proccess of making all the parts for my own truck anyway so I'll just QUADRUPLE everything that I make ;-)

A thought anyway

DannyL

Just remember for every mile on the
road of life there's two miles of ditch.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 09-02-2000, 06:58 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Glen use to be active on this board several months ago, selling parts. I do not know what happened now.

post #7 of (permalink) Old 09-06-2000, 05:16 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I have ordered for about 2 months a rear locker, a safari snorkel, t-case gears and a body lift from RRO, last time i managed to contact them they asked what did I ordered cause they couldn't remember. How long do they usually take to deliver ??? Last time I ordered Tcase gears they took 2 months to get to Madeira Island (Portugal). I have already made the bank transference by then and I am desperatly waiting for the package.
I not to mention that the order is for a friend of mine wich is panic.

Rui Freitas

Rui Alberto Sá Freitas
Livramento de Cima
1º Impasse da estrada do garajau n.º 9 e 11
9125 Caniço
Ilha da Madeira
PORTUGAL
post #8 of (permalink) Old 09-06-2000, 11:07 AM

Thats a boat load of money to be spending on parts for your sammy!? Why dont you make your own snorkle from a rain gutter? Its easy to do and there must be 7 or so sites that are easy to find and follow. thats a big order to just forget , they must have a lot going on at there shop. Sorry about your luck buddy hope it improves.

Just one more of the elite Samurai![img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
post #9 of (permalink) Old 09-07-2000, 09:06 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

It's for one of my friends I would never waist money on a snorkel....

Rui Alberto Sá Freitas
Livramento de Cima
1º Impasse da estrada do garajau n.º 9 e 11
9125 Caniço
Ilha da Madeira
PORTUGAL
post #10 of (permalink) Old 07-30-2007, 02:19 PM
Roundeye04

DO NOT BUY from Rocky Road Outfitters!

I know looking at the dates of these discussion's I can see that they are a tad old and you have probably already made your decision on your parts purchase. But i just recently purchased the bolt on Spring Over Axle kit for my jeep Wrangler from Rocky Road Outfitters and can simply sum it up as the biggest regret of my life. Now after my purchase i am currently searching out forums to see if i am the only one with these problems, and am finding out i am no where near the first. It is partly my mistake for not looking into their company enough before my purchase, it really scares me to read what is posted on other Forum websites and even all the complaints with the Better Business Bureau! I don't even know where to began with explaining how horrible this company and its product is. From repeatedly being sent the wrong parts, not receiving parts at all, and a supposed bolt on kit that did not just bolt on. Also the customer service that does not exist, from not being able to answer my question, giving me wrong answers, and the repeatedly used line of we just made a simple human error. They even went as far as to place charges on my credit card with out making me aware that i was being charged for shipping on a part that they forgot to send me in the first place!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode