odd electrical situation - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-31-2000, 06:54 PM Thread Starter

odd electrical situation

I am having a problem that i have seen on several sammis before, but they were never fixed. My horn stopped working, and it used to flash the blue light for high beams indicator (without flashing the highbeams themselves) every time I pushed the horn to beep. Now it doesnt do anything and the blue light stays on after I turn the car off. Its been on for a day, and Ive yanked the wheel to check the connection+ grounds. is there anything im missing (obviously) that you might know about? Thanks for the input. Oh yes, the altenator is whining like its a bad bearing (no glenn its Heidis rig not mine) so I sprayed liquid wrench on it to see if itd quite it up and it did for a whopping 2 seconds. Would this be it? I also noticed at the same time as this started that the clock is dim and keeps resetting itself when I hit the lights at night. As well, its cold starting harder (cant hold the idle like it used too) so I wonder if ive convinced myself the alts bad? If thats the case, glenn I want one of the old ones I snagged up in maine to shove in there some week. Bye the way I got my mig and stick welders today by ups. Thanks again Max

Just one more of the elite Samurai![img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-31-2000, 07:14 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Re: odd electrical situation

Check all your connections, Battery etc, Check the fuse box too sometimes the contacts for the fuses them selves
get pryed apart and will cause wierdness. Sounds like the alt is on the way out too. Just swap your spare one in for now as you have one in the hardtop you took out right? glad to hear the welders showed.
I have shocks for you and the brakelines had to be ordered from the factory so they will be here next week.
Shocks cost 44.00 for 4. I will post autozone PN tomorrow. They are 26" expanded. We can work around the
brakelines for now.

Glenn Loud
87' Zuke Spoa, 31's, 4.16 tcase, Camo,Header,2"exhuast, Cam.
Locked both ends, 8klb winch, Snorkel -Wildweasel2
NE4WI- club
post #3 of (permalink) Old 08-31-2000, 08:01 PM Thread Starter

HOLY CRUD! Glenn is that the shock PN from topica you were mentioning? Thats incredible, except the fact I dont know what stock is, or how that is compared to say the doeschtech or rancho 9000's. Still 44$ and im in the door, yeehaaaa im happy. Also got my drive line extension spacer from petro works. I ordered two, but they must have only thought one was neccisary and thats what I got. Ive made up my mind to get the slip yokes from trail tough instead and stick this on Heidi's sammi. That way I cure two problems, unless I cut and weld up my own? Hmmmmm....can it be done? I have enough spare parts to try. You ordered the brakelines, how much were they? This is great, ill hear from you later. Max

Just one more of the elite Samurai![img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 09-01-2000, 06:29 AM
Keyboard Implanted

Well the brake lines cost 74.00 with a discount for 4. I paid them yesterday when I ordered. The shocks are Red Ryder brand from a 72 dodge 2wd pickup rear. Autozone Part Number 81091 they should do nicly.best part
is 10.99 ea. I think Petroworks screwed up you will need 2. As to extending the yoke the problem lies with align-
ment If I get the new lathe we should be able to do it, and make spacers. *And lots of other do-dads.
See ya sunday, Are you bringing the dog? (Sue wanted to know.) She started work today woooohooo! I won't
be so damn broke all the time now.... We will need to fab front towers for these I have a few ideas on this
using what we have.

Glenn Loud
NE4WI- club
post #5 of (permalink) Old 09-01-2000, 08:00 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Hey guys-
sounds like the buildup is going great. Cant wait to see the rig SPOA. Max- have you foiund any tires yet? Ive seen 2 sets for a good deal and they both had less than 7K on them. 31"- one set was swamper knockoffs with rims(wont fit) for 600-maybe hed be interested in tires only and is in central mass. the other guy has brand new 31 for @ 400- for 5 tires- i think hes in St louis. Theyre both on the classified board. cant remember who the authors are, but can check if you want.
Btw- Im having a BBQ on Monday- some ribs,pulled pork,etc. If yall get finished early and want to make the trip to icky Boston for some grub, youre more than welcome. We'll be starting around 2 oclock. Feel free to bring Heidi/Sue/Orion,etc. I'll get ya directions if need be.

dbenj
88.5 zook, mini mudders, 2"shackles,Thorley Header,K&N,Pony Carb,GM Alt,custom ski bumper
post #6 of (permalink) Old 09-01-2000, 10:01 AM
Keyboard Implanted

Glenn, if your fabbing front towers, the Ford ones ar a good bet. $12 a piece or so. They are what I use. They are the same as the ones Petroworks sells. Junk food for thought.

<font color=blue>Yankee Tim</font color=blue>[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
post #7 of (permalink) Old 09-01-2000, 11:07 AM
Keyboard Implanted

Got some odd ideas on the towers, should cost us nothing to make 0 zip nada. If they work out I will post info.
We are trying a whole lot of new ideas with this SPOA.

Glenn Loud
NE4WI- club
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode