:: EMERGENCY :: please help. - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-31-2000, 02:36 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

:: EMERGENCY :: please help.

I was adjusting my valve settings and someone around me threw a small metal screwdriver bit at me and it has since gone into the engine.

If you look at the engine from the from of the car, with the valve cover off. Located at the rear right hand side(firewall end of engine) there is a small hole in which it appears that the oil flows through. The piece of metal bounced off me and down this hole. How do I get it out?

Is it as simple as removing the head or will it just fall into the oil resevoir?
This is an emergency as I plan on going wheeling on the weekend (24hrs time) and I only have a tonight to repair it. All help would be appreciated?

If the head does need to come off, is it an absolute must that the headgasket be replaced at the same time?

thanks in advance.

ps: the person who threw the piece of metal at me is currently lying on their back with a nice big steak on their eye. *laugh*

'85 SuziSkip
1.6 22R off it's rocker
"If it's too hard or you're a pussy, give me a go at it"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-31-2000, 04:26 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: :: EMERGENCY :: please help.

I would first kick the person in the face who threw that and second don't go anywhere until it is pulled out. I would try a extended magnet bit if you can get it in there. I have one that is about 2 ft. long and skinny as a screwdriver. Got it at Sears.

I love to watch my fat girl friend try to strip in front of me.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 08-31-2000, 05:29 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

thanks hex.....will try that tonight and let you knwo how I got on.....

'85 SuziSkip
1.6 22R off it's rocker
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 08-31-2000, 06:14 AM
Keyboard Implanted

The worst you will have to do is drop the oil pan unless it got lodged in the passage.you can do it in the truck.
No gasket needed just lots of RTV. by all means try the magnet first. And yes make the moron that threw
it at you buy you some new shocks or something....

Glenn Loud
87' Zuke Spoa, 31's, 4.16 tcase, Camo,Header,2"exhuast, Cam.
Locked both ends, 8klb winch, Snorkel -Wildweasel2
NE4WI- club
post #5 of (permalink) Old 08-31-2000, 06:23 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

wild.........

So it won't cause any damage to my engine if I go and stick wire down there to push it all the way to the oil pan? I forgot to add in my original post that it is the '85 1.3ltr engine, not the toyota listed below. My finance now has the toyota powered '85 suzi and I'm building my new one with a stock engine that will be worked on later. This time around I'm more concerned with the rest of the car before the engine.

That paricular person is nursing a rather bad black eye at the moment, and I mean bad. he can't even see out of it and I only just realised that I have a cut on my knuckle. I didn't even intend on hitting him hard, just a reflex reaction.

I told him what you said and he agreed. I'm getting Old Man Emu, yippeeeeeee. Now I can do my spoa next weekend after the wheeling I get done this weekend.
Thanks again.

'85 SuziSkip
1.6 22R off it's rocker
post #6 of (permalink) Old 08-31-2000, 07:11 AM
WSB

Definately use a new head gasket if the head has to come off!
And the screwdriver throwing person deserves two black eyes if
he won't buy you some new shocks!

post #7 of (permalink) Old 08-31-2000, 07:48 AM
Can't Get Enough

Samurais are small... have you thought of turning it upside down and shaking it? Okay, seriously... how big is the oil passage? I was thinking that maybe if you take a shop vac and duct tape a some vacuum hose or small tubing to the suction end. Then you might be able to feed it down into the oil passage and pull the piece out that way. You might end up with a shop vac full of motor oil too so use caution. Problem with the magnet is it is hard to manuver around corners and one bump and there goes your piece, and maybe even farther down in the engine. Once the vacuum has hold of the piece, it isn't going anywhere.

post #8 of (permalink) Old 08-31-2000, 08:27 AM
Keyboard Implanted

If its the passage I'm thinking of it goes right down to the pan. If it is down there (In the oil pan) it should be okay,
If it where me I would just drop the pan and yank it. But hey I'm just nutty that way. Hope your knuckle heals up.
It will slide around down there but shouldn't get sucked up into the oil pump (Won't fit anyway). Just don't roll it.
then it could end up where you don't want that little piece of steel.

Glenn Loud
87' Zuke Spoa, 31's, 4.16 tcase, Camo,Header,2"exhuast, Cam.
Locked both ends, 8klb winch, Snorkel -Wildweasel2
NE4WI- club
post #9 of (permalink) Old 08-31-2000, 11:21 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

If the hole it went into is the return oil galley and it not stuck in the passage then it in your pan. Drain the oil look for it in the oil if it's not there go through the drain plug hole with a magnet. If you still can't get it pull the pan.

post #10 of (permalink) Old 08-31-2000, 11:36 AM

Non of these things are going to work! The ONLY thing that you can do is give him a second black eye, a steak to put on it and make him buy you a 1.6 block. Cheap easy and only a one day job. Just watch your knuckles. Id really just drain look and drop the oil pan if i had to. But id also be asking myself, did you really see the bit of metal fly through the air and drop in that tiny hole? are you sure its not stuck near the firewall or close by or it slid on the floor to never never land? Knowing me, I would have started it just to hear if it was rattling around in there. What other chances are you going to get to hear something like that? You should tape it and post it on the board so we can hear too. Good luck, Max

Just one more of the elite Samurai![img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode