Pony Carbs - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-28-2000, 02:39 PM Thread Starter
Old Hand

Pony Carbs

Who sells either new or rebuilt pony carbs for 1.3 Zuks in the USA. I am interested in a kit. I seem to recall that at one time Glenn at Rocky Road was offering a Pony kit? His web page doen't mention one now.... Anybody no another source???? Winter coming on, don't want to pit up with 2500 RPM warmups for 10 miniutes with Zuk carb.....

early 88 Zuk, Calmini headers, 2" shackle lift, GRS-1, Kayline Full Doors, Steel Horse Seats, 2" exhaust, 30X9.5 rubber, Doetsh shocks & stabilizer
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-28-2000, 02:44 PM
pugrocker

Re: Pony Carbs

I am not sure who sells the Pony, I have a Weber, but I like your name.....oldfartzuk....LOL!

Good luck...

post #3 of (permalink) Old 08-28-2000, 02:44 PM

heres your info, the guy is alex, seems nice. Im getting one from him too. I was at Glenns when Dean put his in (dbenj) and It seems like a better carb period. Alex gets 80$ plus 20 shipping but they are a shot in the dark cause they are not rebuilt. Im shooting in the dark cause I cant afford his rebuilt one. www.securenet.net/members/abrousse/AMO.html just go there and tell him where you got it from (bbs), he should hook you up. good luck, Max

Just one more of the elite Samurai![img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 08-28-2000, 07:35 PM

Hey oldfartzuk, Talk with J-Bird. He did the swap awhile back. I believe he got his carb from the same guy these other posters have mentioned. BTW, are you going to Uwharrie with us. The list is growing!

post #5 of (permalink) Old 08-28-2000, 07:48 PM Thread Starter
Old Hand

I haven't been on a trek yet... Wanted to go last time... Sure would like to go this time... Add me to Jbirds list as a +++maybe... E-mailed message to Jbird, possible help installing a Pony on my Zuk.. Emailed Alex in Canada for info and current cost and supply of rebuilt carb...
OLDFARTZUK

early 88 Zuk, Calmini headers, 2" shackle lift, GRS-1, Kayline Full Doors, Steel Horse Seats, 2" exhaust, 30X9.5 rubber, Doetsh shocks & stabilizer
post #6 of (permalink) Old 08-28-2000, 09:08 PM

J-Bird has a signup sheet under the Uwharrie section. You can also see the list of people that have already signed up. It may take a few days for a response to your e-mail because J's gone out of town. Try out the message board on his page. Here's his install article http://www.izook.com/tech/ponycarb/ponycarb.htm

post #7 of (permalink) Old 08-28-2000, 10:44 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Re: Pony Carbs... please read

I have in the past also sold Pony carbs to a few of you on the list. I would be willing to start to do so again if the demand was there. I have sold them in the same fashion as Alex. Used as is. I have also sold the rebuild kit seperately. The kit is the original Hyundai parts including accelerator pump and bellows. The rebuild itself is very easy as the carb has few parts.
I am an avid Zuk nut and did a Pony swap after buying an 88.5 that was running so bad that I looked for an easy and cheap alternative. The Pony works!

I would try to keep the prices very similar to Alex's. I will not sell what I don't have, therefore if I don't have it in my hands I will not promise to ship it right away.

So let me know if you are interested....

DannyL

Just remember for every mile on the
road of life there's two miles of ditch.
post #8 of (permalink) Old 08-28-2000, 11:06 PM

Dannyl, thanks for the offer. I got a word from Alex that he was having a hard time finding them these days. I asked if He could find two for me and possibly a third for my friend. Im waiting to hear from him as I have dedicated my business by contact and request. If that fails, It would be nice to know that you might be able to help. Can you email me privately and let me know your prices? Thanks. Max

post #9 of (permalink) Old 08-28-2000, 11:09 PM

I should also ask, do you have a line on the 1.9 turbo diesals? Would love to find one under a grand usd that is. I know im dreaming, but I have to ask what they get for them up there. Im only a 6 hour drive from montreal, so maybe itd be worth a drive. Thanks, Max

post #10 of (permalink) Old 08-29-2000, 02:46 PM

DannyL
I'd like to get a pony carb. How much do they run and what does the rebuild kit sell for? My 1.3 carb is almost dead and I'd like to upgrade.
Let me know if you can.
Thanks
Keith

C-Ya.....................kh
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode