Thank you Thank you... - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-28-2000, 11:16 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Thank you Thank you...

To Glenn L. (wildweasel) and Tim J (26justim) !!! Glenn helped with the installation of my Pony carb this weekend and the little zuk is a monster now! Previously, it struggled to keep 55 up a hill, i'm now blazing up the hill at 70 in the left lane!! Thanks to the tutorial and patience of Glenn, I was able to install it in one day (big feat for a mechanic dork like me). Big thanks also to Tim, as he gave me a good price for a great carb!
Wanna race?!?

dbenj
88.5 zook, mini mudders, 2"shackles,Thorley Header,K&N,Pony Carb,GM Alt,custom ski bumper
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-28-2000, 11:48 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Thank you Thank you...

Now all you need is a pair of wings....

post #3 of (permalink) Old 08-28-2000, 12:06 PM
Keyboard Implanted

And a star to guide her...

Yankee Tim

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 08-28-2000, 12:14 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

sorry but what is a pony carb and how well do they do on steep inclines? i am interested in this and it sounds like it got you some power.

brian wilson
80 cj5 "high 5"
stretched to 100" wb
351w/np435/d300/d44/d60/detroits/4.56/35ss/bdlocks
post #5 of (permalink) Old 08-28-2000, 12:34 PM
Keyboard Implanted

How is that Pony carb? Do they work that well? The carb on my buddies is kinda lack luster, and this might be the solution. Please give a little feedback.

And how does Glenn L. get to work on Sammies all the time, and not have the significant other constantly bitch at him like mine does all the time. [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Yankee Tim

post #6 of (permalink) Old 08-28-2000, 01:43 PM
Keyboard Implanted

The wife is a bit of a saint as far as Sami's go.... But She has also put up with Motorcycle racing, Model airplanes
meets and a few other obsessions. Plus I now have to build her one! I am thinking of stretching it to LWB size
and will most likly fab up a fiberglass one piece hood ala HummVee. She's allways wanted one of the damn things
(Hummvee that is) and this is as close as she's getting. As to the pony carb they are from a Hyundi? Pony up in
canada. They are a regular carb not an active mix as the stocker is. so you can set them and thats it.

Glenn Loud
87' Zuke Spoa, 31's, 4.16 tcase, Camo,Header,2"exhuast, Cam.
Locked both ends, 8klb winch, Snorkel -Wildweasel2
NE4WI- club
post #7 of (permalink) Old 08-28-2000, 01:58 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Your lady and mine need to talk at Zookin'. Maybe mine will pick up a few pointers. [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

Somehow Shannon (her name) believes that I love my Suzuki(s) more than her. I tell her that's not true. However, if either of my Suzukis learn to make a killer grilled cheese, that might change [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Glenn, I spoke with Jessika J. (ASA) today. I'll tell all in an email tonite.

Yankee Tim

post #8 of (permalink) Old 08-28-2000, 02:17 PM
Keyboard Implanted

That could be good or bad! Sue knows I am a bit obsessive on these things, But I also let her have her toys too,
(Usally animals). Zook content: I returned my rebuilt carb for warrenty replacment as it has never idled well so I will
have a new/rebuilt carb if someone has something interesting to trade for. cost was 200.00 I'm looking for diff
gears (Either 4.86 or the 5.12's ) prefer a set.

Glenn Loud
87' Zuke Spoa, 31's, 4.16 tcase, Camo,Header,2"exhuast, Cam.
Locked both ends, 8klb winch, Snorkel -Wildweasel2
NE4WI- club
post #9 of (permalink) Old 08-29-2000, 09:20 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Tim,
I would highly recommend the Pony Carb for anyone looking for a bit more zip. With my stocker, i struggled up hills, and could never get in 5th gear.60 mph was quite an accomplishment. With the Pony, it is much more responsive and really kicks in at @ 4K, and wind it up to 5K, and your flyin. I know alot of folks have done the 1.6 swap, and Im sure its great- i even considered it at one point. But I would suggest a Pony, a Thorley and maybe a cam- this is plenty fast for me. And a heck of alot easier. The install is pretty straightforward- the hardest part i had was to get the stocker off with out stripping the the carb bolts. Fortunately I had a little help (i.e. Glenn!) and once everything was off, it bolted right up. The carb i have was purchased from Tim J in Tennessee, so it did not require any rebuild, or special mods- literally was plug n play. Alex in Canada sells these for around 100 ( I think) and you have to rebuild them, but he has detailed instructions on his web site as well as some on izook. I now get to drive like a Bostonian should!! Outta my way jerky!!

dbenj
88.5 zook, mini mudders, 2"shackles,Thorley Header,K&N,Pony Carb,GM Alt,custom ski bumper
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode