Suzuki Samurai on eBay - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-25-2000, 02:49 PM Thread Starter
Can't Get Enough

Suzuki Samurai on eBay

Hello, I am new to Suzuki Samurai's (but fromer Jeep owner) and was looking at one listed on eBay. I was wondering if anyone out there has ever bought a Samurai or parts from this particular gentleman? He is from Virginia Beach, Virginia area and sells quite a few parts and I believe has sold a few Samurais on eBay too. The engine and tranny is said to be rebuilt 20K miles ago. However when I asked him to send me some reciepts he said he did not have them. He said that he purchased the Samurai from a guy who is now in jail and didn't get the reciepts from him. He said that he has checked over this Samurai and there are signs of some sort of rebuild. The exhaust manifold bolts have all been replaced with new bolts and that under the valve cover it is very clean. He said the transmission is quiet and shifts like new, there is no slop in the shifter and the clutch does not slip when you take the Samurai through hills and trails. Here is the link to the eBay ad: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/aw-cg...item=415314597 I am quite mechanically inclined, however new to Samurais as I said before. Any help concerning what to look for and what to watch out for would be a great help and much appreciated. I know where to look for the rust as I do lots of body work and have seen some rusty Samurais. Thanks, Tim

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-25-2000, 07:12 PM

Re: Suzuki Samurai on eBay

Im not so sure id trust a 20k rebuild just by the looks of things. If the guy is in jail, id be concerned about a clean title as well. How much does he want? How far are you going to have to go to get it? Can he send you pictures? Anythings worth it if the price is right. Never heard of him though. My 2 cents. Good luck , Max

Just one more of the elite Samurai![img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 08-25-2000, 07:18 PM

by the way, I have an 88 that is a removable hardtop convertable same color and everything. Mines a "special edition" that dbenj told me about on this board, I got two of them,(one didnt have a removable hardtop, just a softtop) for 800$ and drove both home, last month. Interesting to see what people will pay for these things. Your already commited to your bid I see. hope it has a locker in there and a reduced transfer case. have him send you a picture of the exhaust manifold and i'll try to tell you if its a header. Max

Just one more of the elite Samurai![img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 08-25-2000, 07:37 PM

i don't know this suzuki but i have bought parts from this
guy more than once. he has dealt with me fairly all times.
i will probaly buy from him again. hope this helps

88 spoa samurai
97 sidekick sport
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode