Need to sray PB Blaster in a remote spot. HELP!!! - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-21-2000, 12:05 PM Thread Starter
Addict

Need to sray PB Blaster in a remote spot. HELP!!!

The bolts that hold the rear cross bar (the rounde bar that hangs down below the bumper) on my GEO Tracker are rusted in. The frame appears to be completely boxed in. I need to get these last two bolts, (right by the bumper) out. Does anyone know where you could get a longer spray tube for a can of PB Blaster should I could possibly sneak in the hole on the side of the frame about six inches in front of the bolt and give those two bolts (one on each side) a good soaking. Also any other ideas for getting them out would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks..
Bill

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-21-2000, 05:43 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Re: Need to sray PB Blaster in a remote spot. HELP!!!

try some fishtank air tubing, or an old oil pressure line. If you can get a pair of vicegrips on them clamp them on hard and stick a screw driver in the jaws and give a twist. good luck.

Glenn Loud
87' Zuke Spoa, 31's, 4.16 tcase, Camo,Header,2"exhuast, Cam.
Locked both ends, 8klb winch, Snorkel -Wildweasel2
NE4WI- club
post #3 of (permalink) Old 08-21-2000, 09:19 PM
Keyboard Implanted

you might try a hand impact driver.when you hit it with a hammer it turns your bolt/screw.its all i use to take apart my sami.when you go back with anything,coat it with neversez ,a gray lube that works great but gets on everything.good luck-ranger rick

THANK GOD FOR VETERANS AND SUZUKIS-BOTH KEEP YOU FREE. FOUNDER;INDIANA SUZUKI EMERGENCY RESPONSE TEAM
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 08-23-2000, 04:20 PM
I Do This For The Glory

Try one off a different can. You could also try taping two together. If the bolt is angled down aways and you need a curve in the spray tube, take a lighter and heat one section up, then slightly bend it. Too much heat or force and you'll kink it. Hardware stores also sell small tubing you could use. I also agree with <font color=blue>rangerrick</font color=blue> on the use of the hand impact driver, they work very well.

Then you could always get yours off like Max and I did his, take the Sawzall to it! Of course, they're harder to put back on, but at least it'd be off...

JEEPN
'81 CJ-8 Scrambled!
GM151/SM465/NP205 twinstick/7" Lift/33" Swampers/REP 8000/RS9000's/Scout II D44's F&R w/4.10's & Lockrights
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode