GRS1 t-case opinions needed - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-20-2000, 09:01 AM Thread Starter

GRS1 t-case opinions needed

getting ready to order a grs 1, anyone have better service from one of the vender's? What's been the average waiting time? Is it quicker to order the gear set versus the complete T-case? Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-20-2000, 11:23 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: GRS1 t-case opinions needed

If you like to do things yourself and are handy with working on your vehicle, you ought to just buy the gear kit and DIY. We have budget 4.16 kits for $399 and complete install kits for $490. Our intructions have also been noted as being the best by far than anyone else in the industry. Very clear pictures on a 6 page installation manual. With our new supplier, we should be down to a 1-2 week wait here within the next couple weeks.

Save your money off those expensive gearsets out there and put it towards some other goodies....

PS. These are the tried and true Suzuki genuine gearsets, not one of the new experimental and of questionable durability one-piece gearsets.

Hardcore Suzuki products for hardcore enthusiasts.
http://www.rocky-road.com
post #3 of (permalink) Old 08-20-2000, 11:48 AM Thread Starter

Glen, I have been looking at your 35" tire combo gearing kit. Does the kit come with front rear ring/pinions? Would it speed up the the order to send in the t-case gear core when i order?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 08-21-2000, 08:29 AM
pugrocker

I have been waiting for amost 6 weeks for my GRS1. I have a new lift (that has been sitting in it's box for about 8 weekss) and I want to install everything in one weekend...but all I do is wait....and wait......and wait....and wait

post #5 of (permalink) Old 08-21-2000, 01:13 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Here's what I ended up doing, After calling most every vendor and getting 1-2 months as a response
I called Trail tough. Brent was truthfull about the turnaround time, (He said 1 week if I sent in the core countergear) and it was only
at his shop 3 days before it was sent back to me. Installed fine and works great. This is my 1 data point,

Glenn Loud
87' Zuke Spoa, 31's, 4.16 tcase, Camo,Header,2"exhuast, Cam.
Locked both ends, 8klb winch, Snorkel -Wildweasel2
NE4WI- club
post #6 of (permalink) Old 08-21-2000, 04:04 PM

So trail toughs the one? Does He do them himself? I heard you got your locker for a 175$ is that true?? How is it possible? I can hardly believe it, but I want to know from the source. Where can I get one for the New England Zuki event for that ? (LOL) Hey give me a line about thursday as soon as you can, I need to cancel work on saturday if we are going to do the SpOA, or if next weekend is better then we can wait till then. Alts are good so far. Max

Just one more of the elite Samurai![img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
post #7 of (permalink) Old 08-21-2000, 04:47 PM

Hey,Igot my locker for 180$ (Lockrite)from National Tire in West Virginia.Theyve got free shipping too!Dont let the title fool ya,these guys specialize in offroading.I think the web site is nltire.com,and they have a toll-free# once you get there.Its been about a month since ive been to their page,so if this isnt right let me know,Ill find it.

post #8 of (permalink) Old 08-21-2000, 05:27 PM
Keyboard Implanted

I think brent does them in shop, (Yea Max I know your pulling my chain...) I got the lockers for 175.95 from
National tire too. thier shipping time is fast too. Max as to thursday I will let you know tomorrow.
We may as well do the SPOA this weekend unless next is better for you work wise. I'll send you e-mail

Glenn Loud
87' Zuke Spoa, 31's, 4.16 tcase, Camo,Header,2"exhuast, Cam.
Locked both ends, 8klb winch, Snorkel -Wildweasel2
NE4WI- club
post #9 of (permalink) Old 08-21-2000, 06:22 PM Thread Starter

Thanks wildweasal for the info. I'll give Brent a call see if I can set something up with him

post #10 of (permalink) Old 08-22-2000, 08:35 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

a locker for 175?!?!?no way!! hee-hee. alt is working great for me, as Max can attest by the blinding light on the drive home. And this was low beam. Now if i can just sort out the accelerator cble...thanks for the quick tune max. Next up header and carb!

dbenj
88.5 zook, mini mudders, 2' springs,header,K&N,custom ski bumper
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode