swap the bushings - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-20-2000, 08:00 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

swap the bushings

I have measured up the bushings in my suzuki sj410 and the bottom measure 1" more than the upper ones so I can get a 1'' lift just by swapping the bushings.
Do I have to make some sterring adjustments ???

How do I avoid tire contact with springs ? they are rubbing a bit, our should I just leave it rubbing till it stops (rubber goes out on the inside).

In the front I will cut the frame extensions (they also rub), how can i remount the original bumper for the anual inspection?

thanks

Rui Alberto Sá Freitas
Livramento de Cima
1º Impasse da estrada do garajau n.º 9 e 11
9125 Caniço
Ilha da Madeira
PORTUGAL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-20-2000, 11:29 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: swap the bushings

>I have measured up the bushings in my suzuki sj410 and the >bottom measure 1" more than the upper ones so I can get a >1'' lift just by swapping the bushings.

We've done this before a few times and by the time the rubber compresses, you will actually gain about 5/8" body lift. Works well for fine tuning a lift for larger tires.

>Do I have to make some sterring adjustments ???

Not with a body lift this small.

>How do I avoid tire contact with springs ?

Four ways...
1)Cut your springs off and move them further in to the middle of the vehicle. Require substantial fabrication skills and is pretty much irreversible.

2) Limit your turning radius with larger steering bumpstops. Why anyone would go this route is beyond me though.

3) Wheels with less backspacing. This pull the wheel out form the vehicle for a wider and more stable stance, while getting the tires off the springs.

4) Wheel spacers. These are something we sell and can be moved from vehicle to vehicle. Same principle as a lessor backspaced wheel.

>In the front I will cut the frame extensions (they also >rub), how can i remount the original bumper for the anual >inspection?

If all you need is a quick easy install once a year, use some ubolts. Drill a couple holes in the bumper for the ends of the ubolt and then the ubolt will go around the frame tube to hold it in place temporarily.

Hardcore Suzuki products for hardcore enthusiasts.
http://www.rocky-road.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode