Got me a Zook! - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-14-2000, 06:08 PM Thread Starter
Can't Get Enough

Got me a Zook!

Well, I finally got me an '88 Samurai. Gonna hafta change my name now since I sold my CJ8. :-)
I am in need of a little advice. My Sami has a 5.5" SOA lift, and nothing has been done to the driveshafts. I was thinking of adding the driveline spacers and wanted to know how much (length) and which end and is this a good idea? I also need a drop pitman arm or Z link. Thanks for any input.

Scott

http://Scott_CJ8.tripod.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-14-2000, 06:39 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Re: Got me a Zook!

for a 5.5 without missing links I think a 1" spacer would do. ask gary at petroworks he'll know.
they are supposed to go on the Diff end. you could also go with the trail tough extended yokes.

If you have the money go right for one of the cross-over steering set-ups, I am going to make one this winter,
I have a RRO Z-link now, Which I have bent. But that just proves you can bend anything if you try hard.
otherwise I have had no problems with it. Drives okay some bumpsteer, You get used to it.
You should be Scott_SJ413 now!

Glenn Loud
87' Zuke Spoa, 31's, 4.16 tcase, Camo,Header,2"exhuast, Cam.
Locked both ends, 8klb winch, Snorkel -Wildweasel2
NE4WI- club
post #3 of (permalink) Old 08-14-2000, 08:52 PM
Keyboard Implanted

hi scott,i also have a 88 zuk.i would split the spacer length between both ends of the driveshafts.if 1" is needed do 1/2" at both ends.in theory that will help the driveline angles.hope this helps,ranger rick

THANK GOD FOR VETERANS AND SUZUKIS-BOTH KEEP YOU FREE. FOUNDER;INDIANA SUZUKI EMERGENCY RESPONSE TEAM
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 08-14-2000, 09:09 PM

Welcome Scott. I think wildweasel has found your new name. Just in case you wanna call Petroworks their number is (800)952-8915.

post #5 of (permalink) Old 08-14-2000, 10:16 PM
zukikid

we shall convert you all...hahahahahahaah.no really .for the support on this board ,i would buy a sammy just for the collective know how at a push of a button.and the good helpfull people on this bbs.
zukikid

post #6 of (permalink) Old 08-14-2000, 11:31 PM Thread Starter
Can't Get Enough

Re: Thanks All! (SO)

Appreciate all the help. (had to write something here to get it to post)

Scott

http://Scott_CJ8.tripod.com
post #7 of (permalink) Old 08-15-2000, 08:34 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Thanks All! (SO)

Scott,
Since you got all that cash left over from selling your Scrambler, I'd say to go with Trail Tough's extended yokes for your driveshafts, and get you a crossover steering kit from Breeze Industries. I can vouch for both of these products- they are of high quality & customer support is good.

Regards,
Tim J

post #8 of (permalink) Old 08-15-2000, 08:48 AM
I Do This For The Glory

Zukikid:

No converting going on here, but I wouldn't mind picking one up, they seem pretty decent after looking over Max's rig. This board also seems as lively and knowlegeable as the Short Wheelbase Jeep board, which is a major benefit. Maybe I'll look into buying one after building the next 3 jeeps I have. The wife would kill me though [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img].

JEEPN
'81 CJ-8 Scrambled!
GM151/SM465/NP205 twinstick/7" Lift/33"Swampers/REP 8000/RS9000's/Scout II D44's w/4.10's & Lockrights
post #9 of (permalink) Old 08-15-2000, 09:02 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Since the kit is most likely ours (we sell the only 5.5" kit on the market), we'd recommend you go with a 1" driveshaft spacer for that amount of lift.

For Glenn, all our Zlinks carrya lifetime warranty. If they ever bend (outside of an automobile accident), we'll replace it for free. To date, yours is the first I have ever heard of having bent. I would be cusrious to see it and examine what exactly happened. Please contact us to return it, we'll check it out, then replace it for you with a new one.

Hardcore Suzuki products for hardcore enthusiasts.
http://www.rocky-road.com
post #10 of (permalink) Old 08-15-2000, 09:40 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I have to put my .02 here: posts here range from the well informed to the rants to the OT jokes- all enjoyable and I read at least once a day. Has been a trend as of late to bash some of the vendors, most notably Glenn. Now I dont know him, nor have i ever spoke to him, but I will say I certainly respect him. Some of the posts here have been very negative and if it were me, I probably would stop posting. But he continues. Not only does Glenn continue to post, but he does post informatively. Yes, he does mention that RRO carries this part,etc, but remember, he is a businessman, and this is his livelyhood! Here is someone who has been around zooks since the beginning and has had the cajones to risk it all by starting a business-not an easy task. My ordering experiences, while not for "big" parts, have been outstanding. These were for "misc" parts and all of them arrived when they were supposed to (within 4 days and 2 days).
For Glenn to offer a free replacement,says alot about him and his company,IMO. You may not agree with everything he says, but you have to respect him. I do. Thumbs up(but not axles!), Glenn.

dbenj
88.5 zook, mini mudders, 2' springs,header,K&N,custom ski bumper
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode