do U wnt rprsntation@New Eng Zk fest? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-10-2000, 08:55 PM Thread Starter

do U wnt [email protected] Eng Zk fest?

Just wanting to know if any companys want to be represented at this New England Zook Fest? Its our first organized one and certainly not the last! We have a full showing with lots of support in the groups, but wondered if any companys want to join in an show of the new stuff? Raffle off some thing or hand out bumperstickers, tip meters, bandaids for bodywork? Just drop Glenn Loud (wildweasel) or me a line. Max
Bye the way Glenn, got my external rollcage done on the hardtop that is removable. Diamond plated the hood in aluminum and am ready to attach my warn on the front. You are gonna drop a load when you see this. Its pretty stout and I built it to roll if need be, no flashy stuff just function. It definately needs a diesal under the hood. Thats my long term goal, lets SPOA this rig and lock it up for the Fest. I will order the 32 or 33s this week. Oh yeah, while I was up in Maine doing all this, I picked up eight remy-delco alternators at a dollar each, who knows if any are right, but you know me! Ready to shoot in the dark cause ill get lucky one of these days I did see that three had a single wire so thats something to start on. Also Im dropping off your new sammi tommorow on my way to Upstate and the grandparents 60th annv. I'll get the otherone out to switch out parts when I get back. See Ya soon! Max

Just one more of the elite Samurai![img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-11-2000, 09:07 AM
Keyboard Implanted

Re: do U wnt [email protected] Eng Zk fest?

Max,

I'll be donating some a few sets of our hood latch kits. Although they are quite jeep-ish, they cure the probs of broken cables or pawing thru the junk in the glovebox to reach the handle.

We're also donating a set of Pumpkin Pro-Tek-Ters, maybe a Deep Water Drivetrain Breater kit. Probably some stickers, too.

I spoke to Calmini and GotZuk, who will be sending some promo stuff for the grab bag. I still need to call a couple more. I'm not asking them to donate anything other than promo stuff like stickers, flyers and catalogs. There won't be alot of folks and since we don;t have a club yet nor is this an ASA event, I don't know what or who the proceeds of a raffle will benefit.

Maybe instead of a raffle, we can give away the things we donate as prizes. Ya know, like tallest, shortest, farthest traveled, highest RTI (flexyist), worst RTI (stiffest), best carnage, least damage. The list could be long.

Hell, considering all the stuff Glenn plans on making up coupled with mine, for 15 rigs it will be more like a X-mas gift exchange! :-)

You bringing any "lobstahs"?

Yankee Tim

post #3 of (permalink) Old 08-11-2000, 09:39 AM
Keyboard Implanted

Hey Max glad to hear you're back from Maine. As far as raffles etc, Tim and I where kind of planning a 100%
raffle so everyone gets something, And I was thinking of making up a bumper to raffle off along with a
few other things. I was thinking any proceds/If any could go either towrds next year or maybe to a charity or
land use group. The whole club thing is another issue that I want to take up with the leadership of my club,
NE4WI and see if they might be interested in a special interest subgroup. While I am willing to organize to
a point, I really don't want to have to deal with all the issues with a new club. Speaking of RTI scores anyone
have a ramp that plans on attending? Or do we just pick a handy rock face?

Glenn Loud
87' Zuke Spoa, 31's, 4.16 tcase, Camo,Header,2"exhuast, Cam.
Locked both ends, 8klb winch, Snorkel -Wildweasel2
NE4WI- club
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 08-11-2000, 10:07 AM
pugrocker

Where and when is this New England Suzuki event...I am out in New York and if I ever receive some parts that I ordered, I would be very interested in joining in !!! I am also trying to put this ECSA (East Coast Suzuki Association) together and maybe I can start the ball rolling at this event....

post #5 of (permalink) Old 08-11-2000, 10:38 AM
Keyboard Implanted

Someone say cinderblocks and a scaffolding plank? ;-)

Donating the moola to a land-use committee (local?) sounds like a very good idea.

Glenn - on the club thing, I'm trying to get a response from Jessika James (ASA) on creating a NE Chapter of the ASA. I still think that that would be the most logical choice, both on our part and on the ASA's.

What do you think?

Yankee Tim

post #6 of (permalink) Old 08-11-2000, 11:47 AM Thread Starter

Pug, its happening sept30th and oct1 in about a month and a half. You need to contact Glenn (wildweasal) for specs and a form. I hope you can make it, should be great fun. As for the club, talk to yankeetim and see what he's brewing up. Im heading to New york now (syracuse) for the weekend, are you around there? Im bringing a sammy. What parts are you waiting on? From who? best of luck, Max

Just one more of the elite Samurai![img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
post #7 of (permalink) Old 08-11-2000, 11:59 AM
Keyboard Implanted

Curiousity killed the cat.

From who did you order and how long have you been waiting?

Yankee Tim

post #8 of (permalink) Old 08-11-2000, 01:37 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Pugrocker Point your browser to www.cs.umass.edu/~glenn/zookin.htm for full info on the gathering.
There are a few spot still open.
As for the club/association I'll leave that to someone else, I don't mind doing the run every year but I don't
have time for orginizing a club. I allready belong to too many clubs.

Glenn Loud
87' Zuke Spoa, 31's, 4.16 tcase, Camo,Header,2"exhuast, Cam.
Locked both ends, 8klb winch, Snorkel -Wildweasel2
NE4WI- club
post #9 of (permalink) Old 08-11-2000, 02:25 PM
pugrocker

Thanks...I am waiting for alot of parts but most importantly -> my GRS gears from Petroworks...and I still have to install my new lift. So many things to do....so little time. My truck is in pieces in my garage. I do not want to put the springs and things that I just took out - back in again - just to take them out...Petroworks says that they are waiting for the parts from Suzuki to be delivered. I hope I get my stuff so I can come. BTW - I am out on Long Island - not really close to Syracuse.....

post #10 of (permalink) Old 08-11-2000, 03:35 PM
Keyboard Implanted

if your rig is not ready, maybe you can ride with somebody else, that way you can see what you got to look forward to when your all setup. Anybody got an extra seat?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode