Long Bed - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-03-2000, 08:26 PM Thread Starter

Long Bed

Where might a person start looking to find a long bed sami?Living in Arizona I've only seen pictures of them. I've played with the idea of streching mine but not sure if that's a good idea.
Thanks
Keith

C-Ya.....................kh
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-03-2000, 10:53 PM
WSB

Re: Long Bed

Keith,
How about Canada, Australia, small Pacific islands?
I would to build a long bed Sami myself.

post #3 of (permalink) Old 08-03-2000, 11:20 PM Thread Starter

I was kinda afraid of that. Guess I'll have to find a sami body and frame to play with.
Thanks
Keith

C-Ya.....................kh
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 08-04-2000, 03:52 AM
zukiman

I think the easiest way to get a LWB Samurai in the U.S. is of questionable legality, but morally okay. "Smuggle" one into the country from Canada.

If I was to do this, I would find someone in Canada who has a LWB they'd be willing to give up and work with you on getting one into the U.S. Find a Samurai for as cheap as possible in the U.S, register it, and drive it into Canada. Swap the VIN plates on the dash and grind the VIN off the frame, stamping the SWB's VIN onto the LWB. And don't forget the license plates.

The SWB is left in Canada to suffer whatever fate, while the LWB is brought back to the U.S. If done properly, nobody would know. And as far as I'm concerned, there's nothing "wrong" with doing this. I wouldn't feel guilty, but as I've said, I haven't done this and probably never will. If I was going to all this effort and risk, I'd try to get a new Jimny here!

--Geoff Beasley
Suzuki Tech Editor: www.Off-road.com
Staff: www.AsianAutoPartsOfAZ.com
www.northcoast.com/~zukiman
post #5 of (permalink) Old 08-04-2000, 06:00 AM
Keyboard Implanted

SILLY G!

By confessing to it on-line, you'll never be able to do it now without Big Brother knowing that you had a plan. LOL

Yankee Tim

post #6 of (permalink) Old 08-04-2000, 07:54 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Is it really that hard to bring one in from Canada? I live near Niagara Falls, NY and can be in Canada in about 25 min. I was thinking about driving over to get a longbody. I would like to hear more about the regs regarding importation if someone knows.

Regards,
Glenn

Currently Zukiless
post #7 of (permalink) Old 08-04-2000, 08:20 AM

Calmini and Petroworks can get them legally here in the US from Canada, call and ask them. They will tell you how to do it!

"Happiness is a Belt Fed Weapon!"
post #8 of (permalink) Old 08-04-2000, 05:53 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Can any one tell me where I can see a icture of a long bed on line? TIA

post #9 of (permalink) Old 08-04-2000, 11:26 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

It's no problem at all bringing one across the border (as long as you drive it across and don't trailer it across) Canada's emissions are very similiar to ours (I brought over an Integra). However, you will not likely find one worth bringing across or capable of driving home unless you are willing to pay serious Ka-ching ($$). The Samis up in Canada look more like go carts. Most of the bodies have rusted beyond repair and fallen off years ago. This makes locating a nice one difficult since there were few imported to begin with. I'm only speaking from experience. I have friends in Canada who have been looking for a decent one for years and they live there!! GOdd luck, but I'd go for the stretch. You can pull the rear axle further back than the LWB anyway... Just my $.02

post #10 of (permalink) Old 08-05-2000, 06:00 AM
Jonathan

So it is legal to bring LWB Samurais in?! That might be good news for me. I live in Germany and I see LWB samurais for sale all the time. You can even buy them *new* here!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode