Who all has put some kind of liner onto there Zuk? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 06-18-2000, 07:10 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Who all has put some kind of liner onto there Zuk?

Hey, I just picked up a sammy for 300 and have taken out the crummy seats and carpeting. I am going to put some kind of roll on, or spray on liner instead of carpeting. What im wondering who has had good/bad experiences with certain liners. I like the texture and ruggedness of the Rhino liner and what im leaning towards, but I was wondering if theres anything cheaper but good quality for less money? I dont like the Line-x type kind that has the sandpaperish texture. Thanks for all comments.

Cody

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 06-18-2000, 07:52 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Re: Who all has put some kind of liner onto there Zuk?

I've got Herculiner bed liner kit in my Zuk now and Love it! It was only $100.00 and you can get it at K-Mart. I put more "grit" or sand in to the liner to give it a more rough look to it. But, you don't have to do that. Come's out nice and thick. I'm working on another Zuk now and am going to put POR-15 on as a base coat then put Herculiner on top so I can try to STOP the RUST! Anyways, I've had the liner on for about 2years now and haven't had it chip on me yet, and I have spilled gas, oil and have had chains and shackles drag on it and still not a scrach!

Hope this helps

Brian [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
http://www.geocities.com/brianconrad1/

post #3 of (permalink) Old 06-18-2000, 08:49 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

i put a huculiner in my s10, and i like it. it wasn't as think as i was hoping for, so i ended up using the rubber flooring too. it pretty good stuff though.

also instead of buying the kit for $100, i bought the can of the hurculiner and a roller, and only spent maybe $50 that way.

Get Dirty!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 06-18-2000, 09:16 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I Just did My Entire Samurai in Durabak inside and out. You can very how ruff the texture is depending on how you apply it. Spay on smoothest, followed by brush, then roll on. This stuff is great and it comes in Colors.

Price is $100 for black, $120 for colors, $10 off each gallon when you order 4 gallons or more.

It went on real easy just do not get it on anything you do not want coated I was wearing it for a week.

Loco

post #5 of (permalink) Old 06-19-2000, 11:36 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

What I don't recomend is the $7 spray-on cans of bedliner from Autozone. I think fingerpaint would work better. I ran out and bought ruberized undercoating and while it took a day to dry it worked a little better. Do not use either if you want lasting protection. I just really wanted to cover up my multi colored interior paint.

Troy

post #6 of (permalink) Old 06-19-2000, 02:51 PM
Old Hand

In my first zuk i tried flexible spray type wheelwell stuff and it chipped right off. In my current zuki i used 3M undercoating ($4 a can) and after roughing up my floors the stuff has stuck very well. not very thick but it's a cheap alternative that worked for me. Cleans good with Armoral too.

ZUK ON !!
post #7 of (permalink) Old 06-19-2000, 03:59 PM
Keyboard Implanted

dont know about that auto zone spray on liner, but i used napa "truck bed coating". made by duplicolor. about $8 a can. used it on my rear bumper and heavy coat on the rear cargo area in my zuk. seems pretty tough for $16 total investment. if you want a rough texture, i dont see why you couldn't sprinkle some sand onto it while it drys. so far, it has held up very well to camping several times including the chainsaw and chains in the back. i like it.
just another option.
bb

Do unto others as you want done to you!
If you pack it in, pack it out!
post #8 of (permalink) Old 06-20-2000, 10:53 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Ive used Herculiner in a few off-road open air projects and have always been pleased with its durablility. Follow the instructions and do some prep work and it will last for years.

I will be lining my new Samurai as soon as I get the engine in it and get it running.

Zip

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode