87 Hardtop value? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 06-15-2000, 10:14 PM
RedRock

87 Hardtop value?

I just picked up an 87 Hardtop JX 5 speed with a blown engine. I assume it's blown, someone pulled most of the outer engine parts. Parts were in boxes in the back.

It has a few minor nicks and dings but hasn't be crashed. Back side window is broken and windshield is cracked. Has a lift kit still under axel, gives it about 3 to 4 inches. Real nice chrome wheels and tires, fit nice with the lift. It has original paint (copper) still pretty glossy.

Other than a few little items all the parts are with it. A guy paid $3000 for it about 6 months ago and it was repoed. I'll have a clear title within a few weeks.

What is this thing worth? I'm trying to decide to fix it up or sell as is. I currently have two 87 JX's and a '94 JL.

Thanks - Larry

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 06-16-2000, 06:58 AM
Keyboard Implanted

Re: 87 Hardtop value?

hey man, i cant tell you a fair price because they vary around the country. i recently bought a 91 soft top in ft worth for $150, but I also hauled it 1200 miles home. monday, i purchased a 90 soft top, complete accept top for $500. the one from texas was a stripped roller with a title. if you like zuks, keep it. they arent importing any more. once they are gone, their gone. around here in tennessee, prices are starting to climb again for a NICE clean zuk. 2-4 grand. a rough one will bring around a grand. sometimes cheaper.
just my experience.
later
bb

Do unto others as you want done to you!
If you pack it in, pack it out!
post #3 of (permalink) Old 06-16-2000, 10:50 AM
mike shannon

just picked up a 87 ht with a blown motor for 300. here in texas. it has some rust, it came from the coast but it is not beat, but i would buy all the complete one i could get my hands on for that money. mike

88ht,two87s,88.5 spoa,32.5x11.5 5.12 f&r,rock cage,4.16 T case
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 06-16-2000, 01:18 PM
martian

Just bought an 87 Hardtop JX, excellent overall condition, stock, with AC, new rubber, new paint (good), hitch, needed alternator plug, bolt, new shift sheet, (thanks Hawk), belts, new muffler, window winder handles, (total about $150) and a clean and tidy, otherwise perfect. Paid $1700.

post #5 of (permalink) Old 06-16-2000, 02:59 PM
SRN

I bought an '86 JX Hardtop with minor rust, OK paint and non working AC for $1,500.
With a blown engine I wouldnt pay any more than like $800. But that me.

SRN
'86 Samurai "Simple Sami MK2"
http://home.off-road.com/~zukinet
post #6 of (permalink) Old 06-16-2000, 03:38 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Prices are relative to where you are-- any given Suzuki is worth only as much as someone is willing to pay for it on any given day. A good rule of thumb is that Samurai's will fetch a higher price in the city & in geographical areas where their features are most desireable. I know this sounds rather cryptic, but a prices vary greatly even from one town to another.

Regards,
Tim J

post #7 of (permalink) Old 06-16-2000, 04:13 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Amen Tim!!!!
bb

Do unto others as you want done to you!
If you pack it in, pack it out!
post #8 of (permalink) Old 06-16-2000, 06:26 PM
SRN

Thats true. I live in Utah. So is kinda expensive compaired to other places. Like in the mid west you can buy em a dime a dozen, I swear!

SRN
'86 Samurai "Simple Sami MK2"
http://home.off-road.com/~zukinet
post #9 of (permalink) Old 06-16-2000, 09:36 PM
zukikid

the mid west is the land of the over rated ford truck.
there's people i know that wouldn't drive a zuk if it was given to them .good for me though .i can get um cheap.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode