Shackle question (Glenn?) - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 06-14-2000, 07:29 AM
ronin

Shackle question (Glenn?)

I just got my 3" Budget lift from RRO and am very pleasesd with it. So far I have managed to get the front springs mounted but not tightened down yet. My problem is with my old OEM shackles. Unlike some of the aftermarket ones I have seen, these have the shackle pin welded to one side of the bracket. The problem comes with the size of the pin itself. It will not fit into the gold metal sleeves that go inside of the new bushings that came in the kit. I tried to use the bushings without the sleeve in them but that leaves about a 1/8" play around the pin. Doesn't sound like much but it just looks like it could cause problems and vibrations when driving. Is it safe for them to be mounted like this (at least until I get some better shackles)? Or would I be better off just replacing the shackles now? Anybody else run into this?

Thanks for any help

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 06-14-2000, 09:57 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Shackle question (Glenn?)

They make 2 different sets of bushing replacements. One is for the original shackles and one is for after-market
shackles. Sounds like the bushings you have are for the after-market. You will probably need to buy or make some shackles and use a good grade bolt that will fit in the sleeve.

post #3 of (permalink) Old 06-15-2000, 06:56 AM
ronin

Re: Shackle question (Glenn?)

I was afraid is was going to be something like that. Oh well, gives me an excuse to add more stuff and more lift

later

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode