Deseil engine - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 06-09-2000, 09:58 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Deseil engine

does anyone know of a suitable desiel engine to put into a sammi (the easier the better ie onto the existing box!)
and also if there is any information on doing this
thanks in advance

ian

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 06-09-2000, 10:10 AM
mike shannon

Re: Deseil engine

a whole lot depends on where you are located. in the u.s. the volkswagon is the only ones i have seen converted to the zook, rocky road has kits for it ,not cheap but you pick up all kinds of power.i no you can get a brand new turbo diesel in the samurai in germany, well this is about all i can ad except beware of the problems you may run in to on emmissions test where you live . mike

88ht,two87s,88.5 spoa,32.5x11.5 5.12 f&r,rock cage
post #3 of (permalink) Old 06-09-2000, 02:47 PM

Re: Deseil engine

Here is the skinny on what i have found out, although you will hear more and most likely different, this is what I know. By the way you should edit your profile, it helps people to understand where your coming from. I have spent hours and hours researching a diesal engine to put into my hardtop which I am building for off-road only. I have come to the personal opinion that it will be big bucks. Thats relative to your bank account of course, im in college so whats a bank account? First, rocky road and a few others sell this kit, its Keltec that really makes it, and rocky road only refers you to talk to them when it comes down to details on your specific rig requirments. This makes sense and effeciency. The engines can come in several types, I personally think that because im going to dump money into this project then Im upping for the 1.9td in the canadian cars only. It is on average 1200.$ more then the 5-800 $ 1.6td that I see in the u.s.. The one thing that I cant get answered is how to tell the "one wire" engine type from the others on the 1.9td engine's I have tracked on the phone. The keltec site is http://www.keltec.com/index.html sorry its not clicky. What is hard to deal with besides the complications of peice mealing this engine together from several different rigs/ and sending the flywheel in to be modified / getting a reverse fan that works / and about 20+ other things that need to be tuned to order, is it costs 800+$ for the kit, 1200$ for the engine, and about 600$ for the shipping and extra parts like starter etc. I see a 3K conversion as a realistic price tag, unless you have a conection to cheap kits and engines then its bi law you share with me. I just got a second zuki for my girl and am working on the roll bar this weekend, taking the doors off and seeing about fabing some spring perches. She cant handle missing links on the road im assuming so it will be a S.P.O.A. with boring articulation, but enough to be fun for a fling in the mud and creeks and hill climbing. Im doing an external roll cage much like the one you see at the rocky road site when you click on the Missing link suspension picture. Its the yellow rig that belongs to some guy named Tim up in canada. Except that mine will be fabbed in front as well. Love that articulation shot, but you have to wonder what else he has besides missing links? If anyone knows Tim and can put me in touch with him I'd be grateful since I could ask him some questions. Well I have to get back to work. I purchased Heidi's convertable and two extra engines (came in peices,....many many peices) so im putting one together for the fun of it and sticking it in the hardtop so I can drive it a little. Should take me a full day, at least thats how its going so far. Any more questions and I'll try to answer them. I have people that can locate engines for you if you need, although thats not a plug for business, their just good people. Max

Just one more of the elite Samurai![img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode