HP Increase W/Stock Parts - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 03-20-2011, 02:31 PM Thread Starter
Apprentice

HP Increase W/Stock Parts

This is for all the new peeps. I recently replaced an old cracked, bent, rusty, trusty Headman type header with a stock 1.6 8V exhaust manifold. I had read that an 8V exhaust will Dyno within one HP of a tube header so I had one laying around. My motor now has 200K miles but runs good and doesn't use much oil. As I was replacing a tube header I had the flange on the exhaust, so a trip to O'Riely's and the next day I had an adaptor, they had the 2"flex instock. A little cutting and welding and a half hour later I had the exhaust pipe ready to install. The flex connector is very important as it will keep the stress and strain from damaging the exhaust manifold. You need to check the down tubes. At the exhaust flange there is some restriction from welding, use a carbide grinder and open this area up as much as you can. So far on three tanks of gas I have actually GAINED 1 MPG around town, of course I did readjust my carb after installation, but very minor. This is a low cost alternative to an expensive tube header. Performance wise, absolutely NO difference! But no BLING.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg NEW EXHAUST 3.jpg (48.9 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg NEW EXHAUST 4.jpg (42.6 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg NEW EXHAUST.jpg (98.6 KB, 3 views)

"Batteries not included, Your mileage will vary"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode