Newbie here - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-19-2011, 11:29 AM Thread Starter

Newbie here

Hello all! I have a Chevy Tracker, 2003, with almost 190K miles on it. Love the vehicle, and had 2 before it, and would have bought another if they still made them after 2004. Still see a lot of them around, especially in the winter.

I use mine off road every weekend. In the winter I often run chains on all 4 tires.

I also have an 08 Jeep Patriot I got as my daily driver after the Tracker had over 150K miles on it. I looked at the replacement for the Tracker, but nothing seemed as off road capable. The Patriot is pretty good, but mileage is not as good as the Tracker. I used the Tracker as my daily driver for years. Whatever I drive has to be off road capable as my driveway goes up the side of a mountain, and makes a great off road trail. In fact in the winter part of my driveway is also part of the county snowmobile trail.

I found a site for the Patriot, and kept looking for one with folks who knew the Tracker, and found you here.

I kept thinking that if I need to replace parts on the Tracker, I might as well make it more off road capable, so hope to learn from you folks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 01-21-2011, 06:59 AM

Hey Dawg!! Theres only a couple of us running thru these hallowed halls!As I posted before, you kinda have to do a little research to get your answers!
I live in the snow belt of central NY, and work a swing shift, I bounce from AM to PM! I really got tired and sore from shoveling to get out to go to work, then shoveling to get in when I got home! So the guy next door was selling his tracker and I jumped on it! It has little 205's on it, they have to go! If I could find out what rims from another vehicle would fit this thing, that could handle 31's or 32's maybe 10.5 wide that would be great! I dont wanna get all crazy with off road mods, but a little taller would be nice, the last bank the plow trucks left me was taller than the front end, but we punched thru it anyhow!
Lots of luck with the little buggy !

PUP!
post #3 of (permalink) Old 01-21-2011, 04:28 PM
Can't Get Enough

wow i cant even remember how long its been since i posted in here....

most of the samurai/suzuki world has moved on to Zuwharrie Offroad Events LLC and Zukikrawlers

ORC was popular 6-7 years ago but due to many piss poor forum upgrades....pop up ads and some other conflicts it kinda died.

AOL IM: Freebird01JM ICQ#18103928
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 01-30-2011, 09:19 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebird01 View Post
wow i cant even remember how long its been since i posted in here....

most of the samurai/suzuki world has moved on to Zuwharrie Offroad Events LLC and Zukikrawlers

ORC was popular 6-7 years ago but due to many piss poor forum upgrades....pop up ads and some other conflicts it kinda died.
Another excellent resource is Ack's FAQ.

Over 837 searchable links to Suzuki Samurai/Sidekick/Tracker fixing modding!

There is even a very useful 1996 Tracker manual there!

The link is in my signature, below...

Ack
Ack's FAQ
nearly 837 searchable links to Suzuki/Geo modding and maintenence info - including the Tracker FSM Project!
'88 "SJ-416 Samurai"
'11 Ford Transit Connect XLT
post #5 of (permalink) Old 02-09-2011, 03:01 PM
Novice

I spend most of my time on Zuknation.net and http://4x4auctions.net but I do check in here every once and awhile.

Nice Tracker mine was a 94 that I put a 4 inch lift in and loved every minute of it. Now I currently have parted it out and tossed the 5.12 gears and tracker rear axle with my mini spool into my latest samurai build.

http://4x4auctions.net Online auction site for all our 4x4 trucks, parts, and related products, with free item listings!
http://zuknation.net Online Suzuki/Geo community
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode