I got a 1997 Geo Tracker 4 door, now what? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 04-14-2010, 08:50 PM Thread Starter

I got a 1997 Geo Tracker 4 door, now what?

I got a 1997 Geo Tracker 4 door, near mint condition, for $3000. I think it was a reasonable deal...?

Recommended street tires?

It's my first 4wd vehicle, the 4wd shifter should stay in 2H right?

Any other suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 04-17-2010, 09:17 AM
Keyboard Implanted

Don't think what i'm about to tell you is insulting, but the first thing you should to is read your owner's manual not once, not twice, but thrice. I've done it for every vehicle I've ever owned. Once you have that under your belt, you'll be able to answer every one of your questions you have by yourself.

At that point, if your looking to off-road your *new* Zook, use the search feature first, and you'll find way more info than a single thread start in the forum. If not, fire away questions.

Good luck with the zook, and prepare for a possible expensive, life-long addiction.

Yankee Tim
post #3 of (permalink) Old 04-17-2010, 02:44 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee Tim View Post
Don't think what i'm about to tell you is insulting, but the first thing you should to is read your owner's manual not once, not twice, but thrice. I've done it for every vehicle I've ever owned. Once you have that under your belt, you'll be able to answer every one of your questions you have by yourself.

At that point, if your looking to off-road your *new* Zook, use the search feature first, and you'll find way more info than a single thread start in the forum. If not, fire away questions.

Good luck with the zook, and prepare for a possible expensive, life-long addiction.
Thanks Yankee Tim, Good advice, and warnings...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 04-19-2010, 05:55 PM
Journeyman

BFG AT's upgrade to P215/75R15 or look for "aggressive" sized stock tires.

Besides that, x2 on what Tim says. Late.

I need a bigger engine!
post #5 of (permalink) Old 06-28-2010, 11:33 AM
Apprentice

You can squeeze 225's w/ a bit of easy trimming, but some lift will be needed to get into anything bumpy. This is the same as my DD. I have / have had 2 other TracKicks & 5 Sammis. Wonderful to own & drive. ENJOY!!!

Scott

"I was so poor growin' up, if I wasn't a boy I'd've had nothin' to play with..."
--Rodney Dangerfield
post #6 of (permalink) Old 09-03-2010, 06:09 PM

That sounds like a smokin deal!

I'm in vancouver, BC and they are in high demand here so high price. Same unit for $5000, although that was in 2005. I'm just over 297,000 Kilometers which translates to about 185,000 miles. Lots of life left.
Just working on a lift myself and debating on a suspension lift or a body lift (leaning towards the body lift). Either way, a couple inches will (hopefully) let me put 30X9.5"ers (basically the same as 235/75 R15) on her and then be able to air down safely for the rough backroads out here.
I am runnin 215/75s right now and they do very well. It surprises me what this little rig will climb even fully stock. Pretty useless in the snow without 4X4, too light.
What have you decided for re tries? Did you go for a lift?
I second the comment about addiction! This little beauty is a load of fun and gives comfortable access to places forgotten.
Kent
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode