BesTops made in China - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-08-2009, 06:29 AM Thread Starter
Old Hand

Angry BesTops made in China

Question: I just purchased and installed a new replacement full BesTop top on my new 1990 Zuk. The fit and quality has gone down such that the 10 year old top that it replaced fits considerably better and probably will outlast the brand new BesTop. Noted that the new top is made in China I am in contact with BesTop and have sent photos showing how ill-fitting the top is. is this a problem now with BesTop or did I just get a top made on Monday after a Chinese holiday?

I have had previously 3 Bestops that fit perfectly, but I believe none of those were made in China. Unbelieveable that we cannot compete and have to send our work 10,000 miles away. No wonder we are appraching 10% unemployement, we don't make anything in this country anymore and there is just so many McDonald's & Hardee jobs available.

Is there a top available manufactured in USA, I bought Bestop for it's quality now I don't know where to go...

OLDFARTZUK

July 2009 - Totally stock 1990 JL Zuki, a new canvas that I will make my own....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-08-2009, 09:22 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Dude,

I feel for ya. But, that said, China is making everything, or soon will be. Its the policies we adopt by the folks we elect. Give it less than 10 years, and WWIII will occur then it won't really matter what was made where.

Oh, no US-made tops that I'm aware of. What about Pavement Ends?

Yankee Tim
post #3 of (permalink) Old 09-09-2009, 05:23 AM Thread Starter
Old Hand

Ill fitting BesTop

To let you all know, I have been in communication with BesTop and they will replace the top at no charge. I sent besTop eight photos of the installed top and the areas where the top did not fit well hi-lited. I will let you all know how the replacement top fits when I get the new top from Morris 4X4 where I purchased it.

July 2009 - Totally stock 1990 JL Zuki, a new canvas that I will make my own....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 09-09-2009, 01:09 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldfartzuk View Post
I have had previously 3 Bestops that fit perfectly, but I believe none of those were made in China. Unbelieveable that we cannot compete and have to send our work 10,000 miles away. No wonder we are appraching 10% unemployement, we don't make anything in this country anymore and there is just so many McDonald's & Hardee jobs available.

Is there a top available manufactured in USA, I bought Bestop for it's quality now I don't know where to go...

OLDFARTZUK
Unfortunately, In a lot of cases the US has priced themselves right out of the market on many things. Vicious circle. People Demand more wages to keep up with economy.
More wages= Higher prices on goods. Higher prices on goods= Fewer sales.
Fewer sales = Manufacturers looking for cheaper ways to get their product.
People overseas work for less.

I don't know of any tops made in the US.

Cust Waggy SPOA,Pan Hard,bumpers
Warn M8000 on hitch
OBA
WeldedRear ARB Front
Calmini 4.16 t-case
Hybrid Diff 5.12
EXO Cage
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode