1.6 motor swap - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-18-2009, 11:34 PM Thread Starter

1.6 motor swap

search previous thread on 1.3 to 1.6 8v difrent opinions on what i need. some say ineed wiring harnes for 1.6 . others say just along block and intake , exhaust minifold and trans adapter frome old motor 1.3 . what do i realy need trck is a daily driver will need to be smog.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 02-19-2009, 08:43 PM
Apprentice

1.6 in nevada

Hopefully you have all the required smog equiptment on your motor now. Because you have smog to contend with I would install a 1.6 long block, use an adaptor. You will have to use your 1.3 carb & intake to pass smog. Doug Thorley Header is the only one smog approved in Cal so I would guess it would be OK in NEV,add a Hi-Flow cat and 2" exhaust with a turbo muffler and that is about it for smog legal in Nevada. You will notice a considerable power increase, especially at lower speeds. This is by far the easiest way to go, all though it does not give you the power and drive ability of the FI it is the easiest and fastest way to upgrade your Samurai.
As far as using the 1.6 FI, I do not know what is involved in getting it to pass in Nevada. We do not have SMOG in Pahrump, YET!

Batteries not included, Your mileage will vary.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 02-21-2009, 09:42 AM
Novice

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUGETER View Post
Hopefully you have all the required smog equiptment on your motor now. Because you have smog to contend with I would install a 1.6 long block, use an adaptor. You will have to use your 1.3 carb & intake to pass smog. Doug Thorley Header is the only one smog approved in Cal so I would guess it would be OK in NEV,add a Hi-Flow cat and 2" exhaust with a turbo muffler and that is about it for smog legal in Nevada. You will notice a considerable power increase, especially at lower speeds. This is by far the easiest way to go, all though it does not give you the power and drive ability of the FI it is the easiest and fastest way to upgrade your Samurai.
As far as using the 1.6 FI, I do not know what is involved in getting it to pass in Nevada. We do not have SMOG in Pahrump, YET!

Batteries not included, Your mileage will vary.

Yep well said.

http://4x4auctions.net Online auction site for all our 4x4 trucks, parts, and related products, with free item listings!
http://zuknation.net Online Suzuki/Geo community
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode