What can I expect?..Hitachi carb..... - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11-27-2008, 09:05 AM
mikeAZ

What can I expect?..Hitachi carb.....

My 86 Tin top is a daily driver.I have Arizona emissions so I haven't done any changes to her. I know the 1600 engine would be nice but what should I expect from the 1300cc? (the engine is in good shape, no issues,passes emissions etc.) I know the stock carb was rebuilt at one time as the check ball was missing from the acc. pump(replaced it). I drive 35 hiway miles to work every day 3800 rpm is all she will do(about 72mph on the speedo). I'm pretty much pedal to the medal all 35 miles. Gas milage is consistant at 26mpg hiway. Every now and then? I can pass someone if I can get a good run on them, yes, we slow down going uphill. All in all I'm content..EXCEPT, I wonder what is normal for the 1300cc's engine?... One thing I always wondered is IF the secondary barrel "spring" on the carb shaft might be in the wrong location( some one has had this carb appart at one time) as there is a LOT of resistance if you try to open it manually while on the engine?? Also,I cannot "line" the 2 rear linkage "holes" up for the adjustment procedue and this is all I see that is impeding this . . I've done the carb search thing and not found anyone that has had these questions... anyone got a stock carb around that could see if this is normal on the secondary? Imput is appricated! Thanks, Mike

Last edited by mikeAZ; 11-27-2008 at 10:37 AM. Reason: spelling
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 12-04-2008, 09:19 AM
Keyboard Implanted

72 out of a stocker is okay, the secondary is vac operated. do a full tune up adjust the valves (almost every 1.3 I have touched need it done) and you may get some more power out of it. a 1.6L 16v with FI will have a lot more top end.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode