Off Roading Forums banner

7" Sidekick lift

14K views 11 replies 4 participants last post by  billybob 
#1 · (Edited)
With all I have heard about not enough lift or how can I get more lift We started looking into a more conventional way so I measured up and made this first

Then last night I did this
How do you move your sidekick without a key

New lowered X-member bolted in place

Optional 2" widening kit built in

Pass Side bolted back up

7" taller and 2' Wider

Now It is not complete yet I ordered the wrong springs and still have to make the pass side diff flange and strut drops. Bump stops reinforcement brackets and braces still to come. After this is ironed out I will start the rear.

See less See more
#3 ·
More pics

Well I hacked up some steel for quick BS mounts just to get it to sit on its own.. Once that was done I now have an idea of the next stage.. So since it was siting on its own I had to mount a tire. The only one I have in the shop 38" Toyo MT

Now remember this is just screwing around but If ZI can fit a 38 on it with no body lift HMMMM you will need to trim a fender front and rear or 2" BL for this but you get the picture, a 35 will fit quite comfortable.

Notice the 5 gallon Bucket

No up travel Here LOL

Small tires and wheels still net you some clearance

How it should sit when complete ride height with no large tire

#12 ·
BTW man is this place Dead.///[/QUOTE said:
Ya slow death ...I think that's it's really sad having built a couple o' samurais from this site.... I think the first conversion to the new site what started the death... I for 1 got tired of trying to get in and post and all and have since been back only to see that this BB is dying on the vine.

BTW... VERY COOL suspension lift. It should breathe life into all those track/kicks I see out there

L8R

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.