1.3 reman choices - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 05-07-2008, 03:04 AM
jeepfvr

1.3 reman choices

This is my scenario,

I have an 88.5 bone stock zuk in my garage that I used to use as a daily driver (9 years ago) It is completely rust free GA. truck that I took apart the engine to replace the seals for the second time in 1999. It ran fine (other than oil leaks), I used to drive it 200-300 miles a week when I took it apart. I then got a job with a company vehicle and also had an 84cj7 so the Zuk just sat in the dehumidified garage awaiting resurrection.

Over the past 9 yrs I have collected massive amounts of new parts that I bought for the day I would once again breath life into my Garage ornament.

Now due to a recent job change and the fact that my current daily driver only gets 12 MPG. I am about to fulfill a decade long wish and build me a solid driver that I can still head up to the N. Georgia Mountains with on a nice weekend with the top down.

I litteraly have almost every single peice I need other than the heart... This is what I need some advice on.

I am trying to decide on either a JFE, Sumo II, Jasper, Promar, or TT engine. I am leaning to the JFE premium reman perfomance longblock..

I am sending my intake and weber to sarge at midwest performance, that will mate to (? 1.3 engine) to DT header, 2" exhaust with HIFlow Cat to a Supertrapp pipe.

I do not want any other engine choices, I want a naturally aspirated 1.3 that will pull 30's with a 4.1 reduction T/C, for driving mostly on the highway around 65-70 MPH and not eat gas.

I would have it built locally but I would prefer someone with experience building these motors. Does anyone have any real world experience with the motor options I am debating. I already have one vote for TT. Anyone else have some feedback.

Thanks in Advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 05-07-2008, 03:43 PM
Old Hand

Never had a reman 1.3L, I've always done them myself. Have had two Jasper engines, one was ok for about 25K miles then made every noise imaginable, the one in my Jeep now has 118K miles on it and shows no signs of fatigue. I know that doesn't help much but that's my experience.

Brad.

Hillbilly Homegrown 4x4s
Rock 4x Fabrications
post #3 of (permalink) Old 05-07-2008, 07:44 PM
jeepfvr

Thanks for the response,

That was my prior experience with jasper also. I had 1 good SB350 and one bad 258 on the jeep.

Thanks for the input.

I am guessing it is all luck of the draw if you do not do it yourself. As with all things. I guess I will throw up the horseshoe and see if it hits the pin.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 05-08-2008, 05:08 PM
Veteran

You are not going to get 30 mpg with the zuke at 70 mph. Especially with the 30 inch tires. You are going to be lucky to do 70 mph and be able to hold that speed up hill or against a head wind. That said,--- You can BUILD the engine and make horse power. That will get you the speed at a cost----MPG
You cannot push an un-aerodynamic barn door through the air economically.
Wind resistance grows exponentially with speed, and 55 mph seems to be where the resistance really starts growing.
I have tried all this over the years--With a zuke. Good luck

Cust Waggy SPOA,Pan Hard,bumpers
Warn M8000 on hitch
OBA
WeldedRear ARB Front
Calmini 4.16 t-case
Hybrid Diff 5.12
EXO Cage
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode