What to do? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 04-14-2008, 03:16 PM Thread Starter
Old Hand

What to do?

Got another new project and need some advice.

Sharp tintop. First one I've ever owned. Got a set of 33" A/Ts, Toys, & YJs.

Or, keep it smaller with 31s and just a SPOA??

I'm not going to keep, it will be for sale when we get done with it so what do you think most people would want??

And the dent is already gone. It popped right out with a plunger.

Thanx,
Brad.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tintop.JPG (50.5 KB, 6 views)

Hillbilly Homegrown 4x4s
Rock 4x Fabrications
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 04-14-2008, 11:18 PM
Keyboard Implanted

That is a nice TT... It all depends on what people want to use it for... DD or trail only rig! I know I would want yota's, yj's and 33's! That is just a good combo

-BRIAN
My Web-Page
post #3 of (permalink) Old 04-15-2008, 11:59 AM
Apprentice

Very nice TT, looks like one I have. Not sure why you want to do anything to it if you are going to sell it. I think most people would rather do their own mods than buy one already done. It seams like you can never recoupe your inital investment on a project if you sell it. For reason people don't want to pay what it cost but will invest MORE in building the same thing. An example; eBay
_W0QQitemZ250234235544QQcmdZViewItemhttp://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/
1987-Suzuki-Samurai-Tin-Top-No-Reserve_W0QQitemZ250234235544Q
QcmdZViewItem
.This is an example, I believe if It were SPOA w/33's
it would have sold for far less. The new owner will undoubtably do what ever
they like to make it the way they want, be it a lift or stock, it's up to them.
I have sold a few vehicles and the main thing I allways did was CLEAN, CLEAN, And then CLEAN more. I go under and detail the chassis. I have always gotten top dollar for my eforts and people always comment that many times they bought mine for more because it was so clean.
So, why do you want to second guess a future owner? Hard to tell from one foto, but it looks much better than most many people are looking for just that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 04-15-2008, 12:03 PM
Apprentice

post #5 of (permalink) Old 04-15-2008, 01:17 PM Thread Starter
Old Hand

Reasons.

Trying to get another shop going after relocating to east TN. Have been buying and selling lots of parts lately but everyone wants vehicles. Build and sell a few vehicles and word of mouth takes over from there.

Profit. Ain't gonna lie. I don't do it for free. Buy stuff on the cheap do with it what I can then sell for profit. That helps buy more parts and keeps the cycle going. With the 33s, toys, and YJs, plus vehicle cost, I'll have less than $1K in this tintop. If I can turn it for 3-4K, that's many new parts and vehicles I can get.

Experience. I got a new guy that's just starting with zuks helping me. Whatever we can do that's considered "building" is beneficial to him as well as keeping me going. I have a zuk "fix" I need constantly.

I guess I should have done my title differently. More like, If you were going to buy one what would you want it to be?

Don't get me wrong, it needs some work. Crank keyway has been egged out. I'll either try to fix it or I have a running motor sitting in the shop. PO bought it for a trail only project that he never started. Problem is he sold the VIN plate and title, now I gotta try to buy another one in case the new owner wants to register it. That's a job in itself.

In the end, it will be used for wheeling so might as well get a jump on it. New owner can take over a do as they please.

Brad.

Hillbilly Homegrown 4x4s
Rock 4x Fabrications
post #6 of (permalink) Old 04-16-2008, 12:19 PM
Vagabond

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradzuki View Post
keep it smaller with 31s and just a SPOA??
If you're going to put on 31s or 33s you're going to need dif or t-case gears to compensate.

Zuk owners are notoriously cheap. Owners of build-up Zuks are lucky to get their money out of it when it sells. Go to eBay and do a search for "Suzuki Samurai". In the left column, under "Search Options" check the "Completed listings" box and click "Show items". This will display the listings that sold in the last month. Compare the cost of the listed features with the selling price, and you'll see what I mean.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode