Start of new project - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 03-03-2008, 12:02 PM Thread Starter
Old Hand

Start of new project

Bradzuki v. 2.0

Well, finally got a new project to start on. Only thing is, I don't know if I'm gonna build this for me to keep or build then sell it.

Here's what I got to work with, '94 Kick 16v auto

Basic plan as of right now,
Freshen motor and tranny
YJs all around/extend wheelbase F&R
Prolly run on 36 Iroks with some trimming of sheetmetal---low is the way to go
Then I have options in both the axle and t-case departments

Axles: I have 2 sets of Yotas, a set of D44s from a scout, set of full-width 44s, a D44 front and a D60 rear that were cut down to fit under a '72 bronco.

T-cases: Dunno whether to gear stock case & do SYE, Kicker to zuk case with some 6.5s, or adapt to a D300 with 4to1 & twinsticks.

If I keep it I'd do the D44 & D60, 36s, D300 and pound the poo-poo out of it.
If I sell it, I'm thinkin more along the Yotas, used 33s, and gear the stock case.

Any input would be appreciated, I'm ready to get started!!!

Brad.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sidekick3.jpg (46.1 KB, 0 views)

Hillbilly Homegrown 4x4s
Rock 4x Fabrications
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 03-03-2008, 06:06 PM
Keyboard Implanted

aww man, i hate that your going to build that, its exactly what ive been looking for. my 2door is going to be WAY to small in about 6 weeks.

what do you mean **if you keep it**? axles im sure you'll get different opinions, id probably go with the toys but id drive it on the street as well as the trail. up here where i am, full width axles will cause problems hanging out from under the body. as for the t/c, personally, id probably just stick the d300 behind the factory kick t/c. if you're going to lengthen the wheel base, you should have plenty of room in there.

Head chef for izook eventshon
Do unto others as you want done to you!
post #3 of (permalink) Old 03-03-2008, 08:24 PM
Enthusiast

you had said that you were looking for a rig. so unless you have one - this would do it. build it your way, then wheel the snot out of it. and when you get bored - then sell it.

my .02 cents

keep us posted and take pics. heck let me know if you need any help (not sure how much i can help but im a great -go do this- kinda guy)

Different Strokes for Different Folks

90 Sami - MULE trailrig

Remember: History is written by the victor.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 03-04-2008, 12:03 AM

Sweeeet rig to build. I would love to build a four door. Just working on my wifes sammi now. Did a bunch of work today on it, ripping the front sammi axle out and lining up the toyota.

Building a two door tracker to, but cant seem to line up a good deal on the four doors.

I would like to read and see more of your build up. Im beat now, but i will post pictures of the sammi in a few days.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 03-04-2008, 07:37 AM Thread Starter
Old Hand

Yeah, I been looking for stuff for quite a while. Ever since I started posting on Craigslist I've gotten a ton of replies. Spent the last few weekends going around and buying up everything I could (at least what I could get a deal on). I've actually had more e-mails from people wanting to BUY vehicles from me, that's why I said I don't know if I want to keep this one or sell it and do another. I can build it for less than $2K, then turn around and sell it for $4K and put that money towards another build.

If I keep it, it will be driven almost daily, just like my old zuk was and of course get my signature blue camo paint job. Learning from my old zuk build, I want my next one to be solid and reliable. That's why I chose the 44 & 60, 300, & leaves. That way I know I can drive it to the trail and make it home. I don't have all my buddies up here to help me out of the woods so I want as close to bulletproof as I can get.

Quote:
heck let me know if you need any help
Can always use help, especially if you got torches or a welder I have neither here.

O well, I still dunno. Part of me wants to sell it and make some change, part of me wants to keep it. I guess it depends on if I run across any more vehicles before I get started on this one. I'm gonna do all the mechanical stuff before I start on the lift so that will give me more time to think.

I've got all the stuff needed so far except for the YJ springs----anyone got a line on some of those????

Brad.

P.S. I only gave $300 for the 'kick

Hillbilly Homegrown 4x4s
Rock 4x Fabrications

Last edited by bradzuki; 03-04-2008 at 07:42 AM.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 03-04-2008, 04:47 PM
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradzuki View Post

Can always use help, especially if you got torches or a welder I have neither here.
sorry, i got neither.

you make a good point about doubling your money, i would hate to - but i think build + sell is a financially responsible way to go....but whom of us are fin. responsible?

Different Strokes for Different Folks

90 Sami - MULE trailrig

Remember: History is written by the victor.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 03-04-2008, 05:18 PM
Keyboard Implanted

so is it as nice as it looks in the 1 pic? ive been looking for a 4door for a while. currently have a 2door rag top 5speed truck we drive everyday. got a baby on the way and its going to be too small very soon. how good is it mechanically now?
yup, i probably got a set of yj springs here. got a 225 arc welder your welcome to borrow. got some rods, but their old and have probably absorbed some moisture. torches, i have a set, but their out of oxy. if you buy the oxy for it, you're welcome to borrow them too, all i ask is that you dont keep them for a month. if i can help ya out, holler at me. if you need a hand wrenchin, whisper at me, ill check with the wife and see how she feels.
BiLLy bOb

Head chef for izook eventshon
Do unto others as you want done to you!
post #8 of (permalink) Old 03-05-2008, 10:55 AM Thread Starter
Old Hand

Billy Bob,
Yes it is pretty nice, the pass. rear quarter has a dent by the gas filler though. As far as mechanical, the motor burns a little oil he told me. I've already replaced the fuel pump. The trans however only goes into reverse when cold, all forward gears work fine. I'm figuring do a re-ring on the motor and check the tranny out--I can get a new one for $100 if needed. After I get all the mechanicals worked out, I'm gonna drive over to a friends house so we can do the suspension work in his garage.

Mule,

It's gonna be pretty easy to do if I keep stumbling across deals like this. I may have a truckload of zuks coming in this weekend, I'll keep ya posted.

Brad.

Hillbilly Homegrown 4x4s
Rock 4x Fabrications
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode