Randy or Glenn - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-27-2008, 08:36 PM Thread Starter

Randy or Glenn

I wanted to know the build up of Toyota axles that Randy used to run. Was it FJ 80 stuff? Ive got a 2001 rear coil truck axle with electric locker and i want to put that (elec diff) in a front coil FJ 80 axle with stock inner axles and older FJ80 out axles and front end cap that hold the truniun bearings with truck hubs and vented rotors.

I hear/read that this is going to be 63" wide in the front and my rear axle is 60" wide. I plan on using the Land ROVER front radius arms for the rear axle making it a two link with panhard since ive seen them flex, but the coil rates is where i am not sure to start trying. So far i have a front xj/zj coils out of a grand cherokee and the front coils out of a newer FJ80, dont know if they are too heavy or not, but I will find out.

Randy, what did you use, and why did you stop using them?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 02-28-2008, 08:22 AM
Keyboard Implanted

Lucky guy.

I'm ditching the 85 Toy axles I got in favor of FZJ80 axles for my GV. Problem is FINDING a FZJ to get them out of, and still be scottish about the whole endeavor. Found a set, but the guy wanted $2000 for just the axles (they did have e-lockers).

Shannon says Hi.

Yankee Tim
post #3 of (permalink) Old 02-28-2008, 11:29 AM
Keyboard Implanted

They where FJ80 axles. (I helped take them out of the doner) he got rid of them for more clearance. the pumkin is much larger than the truck axles housing.
for a tracker 180 to 200 lbs all around are good for springs. (I think that the jeep TJ springs have been used. but they are wider than the ones we used.)
Thats about all I can help with. email me and I can give you randys email. ([email protected] dot edu) just take out the DOT and and a . )
hope you and The wife are well.
Glenn
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 02-28-2008, 11:51 AM Thread Starter

Tim, What is FZJ? I am mixing a 2001 truck with with elect. locker, it was 350 for everything, coils and links out of the back end to end and not a hint of rust, all the brake lines work and even the ebrake, the guy let me take grand cherokee coils from the front, instead of the stock rear coils.

Then i went to another yard and they gave me a 91 FJ80 front axle housing with all linkage, coils, lines and bumpstops, with an additional set of front arms from a Land Rover for 40$$?! I need to put the elect. locker in this thing and now i have to find inner shafts that are stock, and older 80's style outer shafts and truck knuckles for locking hubs and vented rotors.

Tim, check out the yota yard. They only wanted 800$ for a front end complete. Its 200 off? But no elect lockers, just high pinions.

Gotta run to the yard and check for more....
post #5 of (permalink) Old 02-28-2008, 11:54 AM Thread Starter

Glenn, yeah i saw the rear FJ80 housing and skipped that. I wanted the front one because it was only 40$ and all the coils and pads and lines and calipers came with it, minus the actual axles and knuckles. Less fab work is what im hoping for. The best email to reach me at is [email protected] since i hardly ever check my netscape one any more. Soon i will post pictures so you can wince cry and laugh at my efforts.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 02-28-2008, 02:55 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxnhid View Post
Tim, What is FZJ?

Thems got 4-channel ABS, as does the GV. Trying to keep that stuff. And a lot stronger, which is good as Shannon will be driving this.

Yankee Tim
post #7 of (permalink) Old 02-28-2008, 04:02 PM Thread Starter

My mistake, i pulled a front out of a rig that looked just like that. Found 3 electric locker rear ends out of a few four runners, but they wanted 350 for just the third...
post #8 of (permalink) Old 02-29-2008, 07:57 AM
Keyboard Implanted

Amazing how some yards basically "poop" in their hands and say, "Wow, this looks like gold. Pay me gold for it, or I'll just scrap it for the value of iron."

We got a yard sorta near us (Binghamton) call, "Gary's U Pull It", Place is WAY better than Harry's. Cheaper prices and lots of autos nearly fully there, not picked over carcasses.

Yankee Tim
post #9 of (permalink) Old 03-08-2008, 10:36 PM
Apprentice

I want a hi pinion.
post #10 of (permalink) Old 03-12-2008, 08:33 PM

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxnhid View Post
I wanted to know the build up of Toyota axles that Randy used to run. Was it FJ 80 stuff? Ive got a 2001 rear coil truck axle with electric locker and i want to put that (elec diff) in a front coil FJ 80 axle with stock inner axles and older FJ80 out axles and front end cap that hold the truniun bearings with truck hubs and vented rotors.

I hear/read that this is going to be 63" wide in the front and my rear axle is 60" wide. I plan on using the Land ROVER front radius arms for the rear axle making it a two link with panhard since ive seen them flex, but the coil rates is where i am not sure to start trying. So far i have a front xj/zj coils out of a grand cherokee and the front coils out of a newer FJ80, dont know if they are too heavy or not, but I will find out.

Randy, what did you use, and why did you stop using them?

Max,

I have those axles if you would like to purchase them!!!!!

Wayne
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode