Any interest in a SGP knuckle rebuild kit? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12-28-2007, 02:12 PM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

Any interest in a SGP knuckle rebuild kit?

FYI - The local Suzuki dealer here in smAlbany, NY (Go Kkooky for Suzuki) has worked a great discount on part for me, and is willing to help others with the discount, and will ship on top of it. Real great guy there, named Mike. I know many don't have Suzuki dealers near them, and many find the parts to be expensive and unwilling to give a shop price break. This place is NOT them. They are the largest volume Suzuki dealer in NY and New England, and he MOVES parts.

He's putting together a price for complete knuckle rebuild kits, with more parts than the current kits out there. It will include all the wipers and retaining rings, SGP bearings (including the better king pin bearing design) and even the brass bushing that is in the spindle (none of the other kits have this). I told him the price that the china kits run, and he hopes to have it at or below that cost.

If interested, let me know and I'll post up details next week.

Any other parts needs, give him a jingle and mention that Yankee Tim Walters (company name ConTrax for billing) and he'll hook you up.

Yankee Tim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 12-28-2007, 02:39 PM
Old Hand

I'm interested. I have repacked the bearings several times but not replaced them. I'm due

If his price is anywhere close to the other kits out there, and his includes the brass sleeve....I'll buy a kit.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 12-28-2007, 02:39 PM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

Oh, and why am I on a knuckle rebuild kit fetish? Because many Sammys are now 20 years old and the knuckles are usually toast on all the ones I see. These parts are part of the steering dampening system. Rebuilding the knuckles does amazing things for handling and ridding the "death wobble".

And don't forget to change out the rubber brake hoses on the frame to body in the engine compartment. these are most likely original, 20 years old, and sorely due for replacement.

Yankee Tim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 12-28-2007, 04:21 PM
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee Tim View Post
FYI - The local Suzuki dealer here in smAlbany, NY (Go Kkooky for Suzuki) has worked a great discount on part for me, and is willing to help others with the discount, and will ship on top of it. Real great guy there, named Mike. I know many don't have Suzuki dealers near them, and many find the parts to be expensive and unwilling to give a shop price break. This place is NOT them. They are the largest volume Suzuki dealer in NY and New England, and he MOVES parts.

He's putting together a price for complete knuckle rebuild kits, with more parts than the current kits out there. It will include all the wipers and retaining rings, SGP bearings (including the better king pin bearing design) and even the brass bushing that is in the spindle (none of the other kits have this). I told him the price that the china kits run, and he hopes to have it at or below that cost.

If interested, let me know and I'll post up details next week.

Any other parts needs, give him a jingle and mention that Yankee Tim Walters (company name ConTrax for billing) and he'll hook you up.
People still have suzuki front axles?
post #5 of (permalink) Old 12-29-2007, 07:41 PM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotzook View Post
People still have suzuki front axles?
Yes, some of us still do. And a very few of us have over $1000 invested into EACH of the 2 axles.

What some won't do to stay "Pure Suzuki". At least you gotta respect them (read: me) trying to stay pure, even if it's the path less traveled. The shock when folks look under the rig and are in disbelief when they see stock axles and not danas or toys.

Yankee Tim
post #6 of (permalink) Old 12-30-2007, 12:18 AM
Apprentice

I'll help ya change em.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 12-30-2007, 07:56 AM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotzook View Post
I'll help ya change em.
You'd like that wouldn't you, but never on Samantha. She's my baby gurl and will always stay as pure as she can be (even if that's sidewinders with moly shafts and newfs. lol)

Now, the GV, that I could use your help. It's getting a Kicker 2 with 4.24's in the kick box, toy case with stock gears, toy axles with 30spline longfields, sixshooters, 4340 rear shafts and 5.71s. It's gotta be Shannon-pruff.

Yankee Tim
post #8 of (permalink) Old 12-30-2007, 02:05 PM
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee Tim View Post
You'd like that wouldn't you, but never on Samantha. She's my baby gurl and will always stay as pure as she can be (even if that's sidewinders with moly shafts and newfs. lol)

Now, the GV, that I could use your help. It's getting a Kicker 2 with 4.24's in the kick box, toy case with stock gears, toy axles with 30spline longfields, sixshooters, 4340 rear shafts and 5.71s. It's gotta be Shannon-pruff.
I need some experiance with the GV. I know I'll be plain around with Lauras soon enough!
post #9 of (permalink) Old 12-30-2007, 03:12 PM

Tim with the Kicker 2 and said RP's what tire size are you running? More importantly, what are you doing to protect the body? That sounds like a great build up...
post #10 of (permalink) Old 01-01-2008, 03:21 PM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxnhid View Post
Tim with the Kicker 2 and said RP's what tire size are you running? More importantly, what are you doing to protect the body? That sounds like a great build up...
I'm planning on running 35"s, which will be pushing it in the ratio department, since stock is 28"s and 4.88s. If it's anemic at hi-way speeds, Bob and I have a backup plan. Run a belt driven low boost S/C off the 2.5L Toy Previa. But that is a issue of "crossing the Rubicon" in its historical meaning. Once we start hacking and fabbing that in, there's no going back.

As for body protection, I figured I'd just yell at her when she's starting to get fuct up. Always worked before. Actually, come to remember, it usually ended with her crying, getting out of the truck, telling me to drive it, and then her slipping and falling on a rock.

I was thinking of LA and coil-overs, ala Okie Zuk, but I'm thinking S/R YJs with a trac-bar might be simplier and better suited to her needs.

Maybe some moderate rock protection is in order? LOL

Yankee Tim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode