PHILIPPINES' (newbie) - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-19-2007, 07:14 AM
werdem

PHILIPPINES' (newbie)

i need help how to set up my stock suzuki sj410 4x4?.

i just want my suzuki look nice' what tire to put?. and gearings?

and my friend is selling his 660 c.c. turbo engine do i need to replaice mine?. my engine is stock and need to be overall..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-19-2007, 09:32 AM
Keyboard Implanted

410 help in the Phillipines

Since most of us here in the US don't have much access to performance information on the smaller turbo-ed engine that your friend has, we would not have a very good answer for you on that other than a turbo-ed 660cc engine is probably not going to take the everyday abuse that a solid, rebuilt 1000cc 4-cylinder G10 can take. Plus, you probably have better access to G10 rebuild kits - at least better than we have here!

SJ-410 and SJ-413 (Samurai) owners in North America tend to look at their trucks as cheap alternatives to Jeeps for offroading fun.

If you are just looking for the "cool" factor and can find an adapter kit (if needed), then go for the turbo.

Finally, there are a few good Suzuki websites in the Phillipines. Unfortunately, I can't find any links right now. However, here is the main LJ series website in the US which might be helpful in your search for information:

Suzuki LJ10 and LJ20 Info etc. www.lj10.com

Hope that this helps!

Ack
Ack's FAQ
nearly 837 searchable links to Suzuki/Geo modding and maintenence info - including the Tracker FSM Project!
'88 "SJ-416 Samurai"
'11 Ford Transit Connect XLT
post #3 of (permalink) Old 08-19-2007, 07:21 PM

Cool suzuki samurai websites Philippines

Yo Guy;
The best thing to do for answers is to go to GOOGLE and paste in the following "suzuki samurai websites Philippines" without the quotes.

I don't know the horsepower or torque of your friend's little turbo engine, so it's impossible to answer if you should swap it in.

Finally, to receive valid answers as to how to upgrade your vehicle, you need to reveal it's mileage, general condition and your intended purpose!
Good luck,
Lee
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 08-21-2007, 01:25 PM
Addict

I wouldn't bother replacing the engine. The 410 engine isn't much on road but off road is surprisingly capable. If you do want more power then you can get a good performance increase by replacing the stock sidedraught carb with a 1 1/2" carb, in the UK the SU carb is quite popular. A header and free flowing exhaust works well and the 410s points ignition setup can be replaced with an SJ413 distributor and coil.
What type of offroading are you doing? the 410 can be capable with just a set of 215 muds on it. If you go to much bigger tyres then you can regear using LJ80 diffs or fit lower gears to the tcase. I would decide how big a tyre you NEED then lift just enough to fit them.

2000 Vitara 1.6, 2" lift, 3" body lift, winch, snorkel, safari rack, 33" MTs, rear discs, steel front axle, 5:83s
SJ413K Pick Up, 1.6 conversion.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 08-21-2007, 08:03 PM
Keyboard Implanted

here's a web site i visit every now and again. the wife is from lagonglong, just east of cagayan de oro. i think you will find some useful information on that web site. i personally am not familiar with the 410.

4x4 Philippines Online Forum

best wishes...
BiLLy bOb

Head chef for izook eventshon
Do unto others as you want done to you!
post #6 of (permalink) Old 08-30-2007, 08:04 AM
werdem

thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by ackerdackerly View Post
Since most of us here in the US don't have much access to performance information on the smaller turbo-ed engine that your friend has, we would not have a very good answer for you on that other than a turbo-ed 660cc engine is probably not going to take the everyday abuse that a solid, rebuilt 1000cc 4-cylinder G10 can take. Plus, you probably have better access to G10 rebuild kits - at least better than we have here!

SJ-410 and SJ-413 (Samurai) owners in North America tend to look at their trucks as cheap alternatives to Jeeps for offroading fun.

If you are just looking for the "cool" factor and can find an adapter kit (if needed), then go for the turbo.

Finally, there are a few good Suzuki websites in the Phillipines. Unfortunately, I can't find any links right now. However, here is the main LJ series website in the US which might be helpful in your search for information:

Suzuki LJ10 and LJ20 Info etc. www.lj10.com

Hope that this helps!

thank you very much' for the reply and i think the site is usefull, and about your telling me in my suk' engine maybe i can go check it first by my mechanics if it can still be fix or work.. if the expenses is much higher than a swaping with little turbo maybe ill swap it. hire in philipines suzuki parts are cheap. again im very thankfull to all who reply in my page'.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode