Planning to buy a Sidekick, couple questions - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 07-02-2007, 05:02 PM
Vladimer

Lightbulb Planning to buy a Sidekick, couple questions

Hello everyone, my names Peter and live in calgary alberta, im in the rockies pretty often and my car is less and less practical, its lowered too so it doesnt help on anything more then a paved road.

i've been intrested in the suzuki sidekick for quite some time but its been abit hard to find an active forum

theres not going to be more then just me or me and another person plus gear so i oped for the 2dr 4wd since i really like idea of a soft top but it only has a 1.6L 80hp I4 comparing to the 1.6L 95hp I4 that the 4dr's come with, its not much hp to begin with but i wont be doing any really hard trails or rocks with it, just lighter trails and the usual ditches and closer to road stuff.

my budget lets me go to about a 1990 to 96 sidekick. are there any years to stay away from in that range? or is the first generation unchanged throughout its production.

and lastly are there any particular trouble spots or areas which are prone to problems that i should look out for when purchasing one?

thanks alot for any help
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 07-04-2007, 09:35 AM
Addict

Rust is the biggest problem. Check it all over, lift the carpet and check around the seat belt mountings. Mechanically they're pretty reliable but watch out for overheating, head gasket problems aren't unknown. If it has FWH make sure that they can be engaged properly, if they're not used they can seize up. they usually just need regreasing but its a good bargaining point.

2000 Vitara 1.6, 2" lift, 3" body lift, winch, snorkel, safari rack, 33" MTs, rear discs, steel front axle, 5:83s
SJ413K Pick Up, 1.6 conversion.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 07-06-2007, 08:39 PM

check out Zuki Nation in NE calgary. i've only been there a couple of times, but the guys there are really helpful and will answer all of your questions.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode